Some of my Xbox One-games have their Achievements in German language?! Help!!

Hi, I have a problem with some of the Achievements on my Xbox One. I live in Sweden and have my Xbox One registered to English Language, but some achievements are in German.

Most of my games are fine but the games: "Trials Fusion", "Striker" and "Amazing Spider-Man 2" have their achievements in German (I don't even own the Spider-Man game but when my friends are playing it I can see the achievements on my "Live Feed" and they are in German). 

This really mess with the fun of achievements, since I don't understand German.. do someone have any idea what I can do to fix this?!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 96 Applies to:

as long as a softwaresystem is not officially designed to work somewhere, using it there could always be the reason for strange things to happen.

usually setting your x1 to english/united kingdom would seem the most reasonable option i guess, but thats all i know about

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am in Norway with a Imported console (from Germany) and some of the games have suddenly changed achievement language to German. It was not like that before. Titanfall and Wolfenstein for example have all the achievements in german. Not the dashboard, not in the "in game menu", ONLY the achievements are in German. They were in English first, and then it swapped to german. Everything in my console settings is set to English/Uk, I am connected to the UK Marketplace with my credit card and I don't have a German IP. WTF Microsoft?

Sorry this didn't help.

same reasoning as above.

+ it seems there is some Kind of Region check running in the Background, things are always mater of Change

Sorry this didn't help.

As the Xbox One isn't officially out in Sweden and Norway until September it is likely that the system isn't fully set up to handle players originating on those IP's so revert to German servers for some information.

The issue will possibly resolve itself when Microsoft roll out to Scandinavia later this year. In the mean time you could set your Live account temporarily to UK or unfortunately live with the German achievements until September.

Sorry this didn't help.

I also want to add that just a day ago my achievements for Titanfall changed from English to German.

My live account is UK, language set to English and Locale UK on the Xbox One.

Everything was in English until I turned the machine on yesterday, achievement notifications are still in English but in the Achievements App everything is in German!

I'm a native English speaker living in Germany but that doesn't mean I want to see my achievements in German! Can this be fixed please as it does take out some of the fun in gaining achievements!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Having same trouble. I have a bought a Xbox1 from the US, everything in the settings reflect US/English, yet for some reason Titanfall's acheivements are in German…All other achievements are still in English(Thank God).

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here.

I'm from the UK and a few achievements are in German. Although I speak German,  it is annoying -_-

Sorry this didn't help.