Some game modes should definitely not have joining mid-game

I don't get it why they had to add joining games in progress for game modes such as Gun Game. No, it's such a brilliant idea to put someone in a game where the top player is already at 16 or 17 kills. You know, it wouldn't be that bad if it was just 5 kills, but nope, they couldn't add such limits. Joining any match mid-game can be annoying, but at least in some modes, such as demolition, snd or ctf, you still MIGHT have a chance. "Oh but people shouldn't quit and blahblah!" Yeah, coz most Gun Game lobbies I've been in don't start with 2 players below max player limit and Gun Game is the most popular game mode ever... Oh why can't there be a "search for lobbies" option? :(

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If we're on the topic in the Party Games section, then I hate that they do the same with Sharpshooter. A few times I have seen the loading screen for like 2 seconds then spawn in to the leader shooting at me. If the leader has 70 or below points then I'm ok. But over 150-200 is ridiculous. I can sometimes make it to 3rd if I'm lucky by then. But 1st place is out of the question.

3rd place in that case is still winning, though. You should be proud of that.

That's only if I'm lucky though and only if the lead isn't that big of a gap between 3rd and last. I wont complain if that happens though. But being on a good winstreak and then jumping midway into a game only to lose it is frustrating.

No, Renegon is right. Joining Sharpshooter in mid-progress IS a pain in the buns. It's always difficult to climb up the scoreboard if the top three players have 12+ kills. And by then, the players already have their areas that they're 'patrolling', if you like. 9 times out of 10, it's  basically a free loss.

But at least you get to join and play right away. With SnD I have to now wait for the current round to end sometimes its already round 3 team wins current round to make it 4 wins game ends without me even getting a chance to spawn in.

Also true but then again that's the price we pay for joining in a game in mid progress. We can join in a hardpoint to the score being 200-50 or a demolition game to them winning the defend round and both bombs are already planted.

This is why I always tell people to spectate before joining a team when jumping into an in-progress game. It can't count as a loss if you're not on either team. That way you can look and see where the game is before deciding to join. If it's not close to the beginning of the match, then you can back out at no penalty. If this doesn't work (since I don't know for sure), then it's the way it should work.

I used to, back in BO1, to auto spectate and if things were going bad then I would just let it kick me out for inactivity. It wouldn't count as a loss.

Agreed.

Oh look, another Sipuli91 join in progress complaining thread!