Solution for the Sawed Off

I'm not sure if anyone has thought of this yet, but while playing the beta my friend had a great idea on how to tame the sawed off spamming, just make it a map weapon. Put like two on a map, that way it limits how many people can use it at once. It's so powerful I feel that it is more suited to be a power weapon that you're not allowed to spawn with. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Why don't you and all the others just stop crying about it and not run around corners blindly and watch what you are doing? The SO is easily countered in this game so just pay more attention.

Still annoying though.

It's not that big of a problem if you see someone walking toward you and he isn't firing hes gonna SOS you.

How about we get rid of its ability to down and call it good because there is literally nothing else wrong with it?

Yep, the only issue I have is when you get downed by it from 4-5 feet away. If that was fixed then there is nothing wrong with a melee ranged shotgun.

i really dont see him as someone whos crying so i dont understand the problem with this post

its been posted before but making it a map weapon is the best idea ive heard since the beta was released...killing the range any lesss is actually really dumb...if yur gunna make it so that you can only kill someone a foot in front of you you might as well melee, chainsaw, etc etc. then there becomes no use of implementing the SO into the game in the first place...the SO is meant to be in between the range of the gnasher and the melees...aka for noobs

take out the scorcher put the sawed off there, boom problem solved...no need to act tough to the OP

The SO was made to counter act the melee and chainsaw. Why should it down players from 4-5 feet away? Why not just kill them then?

SO will never be a power weapon so people need to stop bringing it up.

theres not really any other weapon that cant down people (except the torque bow, although even that can sometimes)...and theres deff no start off weapon that cant down someone so i dont think thats logical....so you can blast people into twenty peices but you cant down them from any distance? not exactly realistic...id rather epic leave it as it is or come up with a better solution...if you dont allow it downing ability it becomes useless unless ur a foot in front and as i said you might as well chainsaw or melee...and people wont use it...and obv thats what everybody wants for it to not be used..but epic kinda put it into the game for it to be used...

Why have it down someone when you are so close? You down them with it then you just melee them right away for the kill. Seems pointless.

Every guns has it's pros and cons, and everyone has their own playing style, so why complain about the Sawed Off, which has the shortest range of any gun i have used in any other game. I respect your opinon nontheless, but come on only about 30% of the people had it as a starting weapon.