SOCOM v. Call of Duty

SOCOM wins. SOCOM I and II are the best online games ever created. Still ahead of their time. The maps were incredible. Being as old as the games are, they still have few problems in comparison to games that are out today.

What's the point of this thread? There is none. It just depresses me that the servers are going to be shutdown for the PS2 SOCOM games within a few months, and that Zipper Int. never remade SOCOM II. All they did was make it an uninteresting franchise that nobody liked, resulting in its downfall.

Who here played it? What was your favorite map?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I played SOCOM when it first came out and loved it.  Never played the mp though.  

@Ordeal I never played Socom and never played PS2 online. Although I'm curios as to what the online experience was like for a tactical shooter on the PS2. Was it a dedicated server or just like the CoD server?

Dedicated servers. Sort of like Battlefield with its ability to create specific lobbies. What maps you wanted. What guns you wanted. Name the room. Etc. I'd love to go back and play it but I don't have a PS2, and there are probably <100 people online at any given time.

Wow.  Great thread.  A PS3 exclusive game on an Xbox COD forum.

PS2*

How embarrassing.

P.S. Nice aLtErNaTiNg CaPzZz

OK- Sony vs Xbox forum.  Better?

If the best you have is to correct me saying "PS3" and then take a dig at a GT, you really have nothing.  Good try though.

[quote user="uNaFiLiaTeD"]

Wow.  Great thread.  A PS3 exclusive game on an Xbox COD forum.

[/quote]

Who said we can't discuss, to an extent, other platforms' games on this forum?

i never could get into SOCOM i guess because it was a 3rd person shooter instead of a fps. i always hear good things about the first 2 games though.

SOCOM I and II are the only ones worth playing. SOCOM III would have been good if I hadn't played the first two, but the vehicles ironically took away from the game more than added.

Is Zipper going to remake them? I missed them on the PS2 days and it'd be great to play them. :(