so...

HI. i've had this game collecting dust since i finished honest hearts because walking around on new characters bores me to the point where i can't take it anymore.(Shift+Enterx2=new line)

i'm typically a guns character with a good intelligence and charisma, but lower strength/endurance/agility/explosives type of person, i prefer ED-E and Boone as a combo for perks and packmuling. i like the .45 pistol, This Machine, Prototype laser rifle, annabelle, and Fatman.

i usually help NCR because it's too hard not to, and House' rewards program sucks, and legion is more for brute strength characters.

i have 1100 points left over and i was wondering if any of the new DLCs would suit my character style?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

gun runners arsenal? it just gives you new weapons. i haven't played any of the dlc, i'm waiting for the GOTY to be announced, or un-announced if they choose not to release an ultimate edition with all the dlc, but if you want more guns and ammo types and mods, then that sounds like a good'n. check out fallout.wikia.com if you want detailed info on all the dlc and more.

Annabelle, Fatman...

... I'd say pick a few more points up and get Lonesome Road and Gun Runner's Arsenal. The Arsenal adds four different PURCHASABLE types of Mini Nuke (very fun, cool varieties) and a few other guns (and upgrades to some standard weapons). Good value and interest, overall.

Lonesome Road is a more military setting, like Fallout 3, and you might find it interesting. It's definitely Guns oriented, a little more than any other, and you mainly want to make a choice between Old World Blues and Lonesome Road anyway, because they're both similar and far superior to the other two main DLC choices.

That would be my suggestion, but if it comes down to it, perhaps the Lonesome Road over the Arsenal.

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]Lonesome Road is a more military setting, like Fallout 3, and you might find it interesting. It's definitely Guns oriented, a little more than any other...

[/quote]

This right here. Lonesome Road for sure for a "Gun" Character. Plenty of really good Weapons straight out of the gate, so to speak.

remember when i said i had 1100 points? i lied. had had a few more spare points... just got lonesome road and the GRA since you recommended it, thanks.

also, to shift+ space, you need to use rich formatting to make your post, since it allows html formatting and standard quick posting doesn't(a big site fail, imo).

I hope you enjoy them and they turn out to be well worth it for you : )

If you feel the inclination to get another DLC pack, then Old World Blues is far better than Honest Hearts and Dead Money, but it's a little more Speech/Science/Energy Weapons/so on than Lonesome Road.