So who's actually paying monthly for Elder Scrolls Online?

As much as I adore the Elder Scrolls series, I doubt i'll find it hard to pass on this one with a 14.99 monthly subscription on top of what we're already paying.
It looks like a lot of fun but, just seems like a lot of money to me.
Might just try it later on down the road on PC if the price drops way down.

But what about you guys, any of you have plans on subscribing? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm actually not a fan of the Elder Scrolls series, so my answer would be NO. :)

I love "The Elder Scrolls".

Some of my greatest gaming moments have occurred in "Morrowind: GOTY Edition" and "Oblivion" and "Skyrim" was a great game too.

However it's dissapointing to see Bethesda essentially conducting a social experiment to see just how much they can get people to throw at the game... and keep throwing.

You'll pay a monthly sub, extra money to access the Imperial class, extra money for shop bonuses and unlike the Free MMO "Defiance" where your characters details were stored online... your "TESO" character is bound to the server that you create them on and if you want to move them to another one (say you wanted to join your buddies in Europe or the other way around)... you pay for that?!?!?

With the current pricing model Bethesda can get stuffed.

However they keep hinting at discounts for multiple months of play.  If the discount works out to be really good value then I will get it.

Not as it stands now though.

Az

Never.  Zero Interest and I loved M. O. and S.  

If it turns out to be an epic multiplayer experience I would sign up....As it stands now I am worried it is going to be a wow type of game (never played it, but it just doesn't seem like my cup of tea).

I love The Elder Scrolls. I got to play a little bit of ESO at Pax East last year and was super excited to get my hands on it again when it comes out. That was until I heard the monthly fee. I'd love to be able to do it but I just can't justify that price tag. Hopefully there's a free trial.  

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

[quote user="bowski477"]

Hopefully there's a free trial.  

[/quote]

There is.

After paying full game price for the new release it's yours to enjoy for 30 days, after which you have to start paying for it again.

Nope, not with a monthly price tag. I rather get Guild Wars 2. Plus there is something about the MMO restraints this game will have that just rubs me the wrong way.

*Raises hand*  I want to try it out.  I believe the first month is free, and I'll probably pay for a couple months.  Given my attention span, I'll probably stop playing it after that.  If I ever decide to pick it back up, I'll pay month-by-month until I stop.

[quote user="Eggnogga"]

*Raises hand*  I want to try it out.  I believe the first month is free, and I'll probably pay for a couple months.  Given my attention span, I'll probably stop playing it after that.  If I ever decide to pick it back up, I'll pay month-by-month until I stop.

[/quote]
The wallets of several are in your hands.....empty wallets of course.

[quote user="FoomBerry"]

The wallets of several are in your hands.....empty wallets of course.

[/quote]Technically, my wallet is in my back pocket.  While I appreciate your concern for what I do with my own money, I'm fairly certain I can swing $15/month for a few months without financial peril.