So who all are leaving consoles for BF3?

I am so excited after seeing the Alpha footage that I have made up my mind to get a gaming rig for Battlefield 3. Looking at a Intel i5 core over-clocked to 4.600GHZ with a GTX570 GPU.

Anyone else here planning on moving to PC gaming? The leaked footage from Alpha has been sublime, the sound is better than ever. I got an Alpha invite and code as well, shame no PC though

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I, also, am moving to the realm of PC gaming. I'm browsing Newegg for some parts to build myself a new, budget-friendly gaming rig.

Got my Alpha code today.  I will try it out tonight...

Actually, I'm buying 2 copies, xbox and pc. :)  Already pre-ordered.  

whats so great about PC?

PC will have 64 player limit, console is only 24.  PC will have better graphics which is another selling point.  For me, the 64 player limit with the destructive environment has me sold on the PC side of things, plus I'm a huge BF2 player for years now.  I'm getting the Xbox copy as well because most of my friends play xbox more than PC, so it's a social thing.

Not exactly leaving consoles yet, but I did buy a new gaming rig recently... Intel i5 2500K w/ Radeon HD 6950, should be able to run BF3 just fine from what I've heard. Remains to be seen whether I play BF3 on both platforms, or if I mostly stick to one of 'em.

So far I've only tested BC2 very briefly on PC, had some issues getting used to how many keyboard buttons you need to map - I've played tons of Counter-Strike: Source, but that doesn't take nearly as many buttons as BC2 does. I think I need to play the single player campaign for a while first to get used to the buttons & controls.

64 player limit huh?....So xbox and PC multiplayer maps will be different. I read somewhere that the maps in BF3 will be more compact. Even so with 64 players?

From what I understand, the entire "64 Player" thing is a little misconstrued. It will be 64 Players only in certain Game Modes but not others like Rush. Rush on both the PC and Xbox 360/ PS3 will all have 24 Players. Those are going to be the same Maps, cross all Platforms. 

Personally, nope I'll stay with my Xbox 360. I don't have the desire in the slightest to Upgrade my PC so it can run one Game. And as far as the Graphics go, they look incredible on all Platforms.

Another selling point is that the PC community for Battlefield is much more active than the Xbox community. Whenever I enter a match on XBL there's only 2:3 players. That and it doesn't have unfortunate hiccups where my gadgets and weaponry is reset to Lv. 1.

REALLY bad thing about the PC is that people hack the *** out of it and do crazy dumb stuff like unlimited air drop supply as commander in 2142.

Yeah I got my alpha last nite, downloaded it and no suprise my PC is too slow or its asking me to update my Drivers for my NVIDIA graphics card, I have a 3.10 GHz Anthlon(tm) II X 465 64 bit operating system.. with windows 7 So  I wont be getting any PC version