So, What's On The Purchase List?

We're finally starting to see some new games arriving with the likes of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, Titanfall, Thief, Plants & Zombies: Garden Warfare, South Park: Stick of Truth and Dark Souls II all being released in the coming weeks, plus more that I've probably forgotten about.

So what's currently got you excited, why and what's on your purchase list?

Though it may elicit some sighs Titanfall is the game I'm currently looking forward to the most, having fallen pretty much head over heels for it during the Beta. I love the fluidity of the movement and controls, the multi-tiered map design and many almost cinematic moments. I also believer there's more depth there than most people seemed to release during the Beta, largely through learning how to chain movement together and get the good 'ol flow going. Battles with Titans involving two good players can produce a good back and forth, and some of the pilot battles were pretty epic. My only concern at this point is longevity: while customisation will help, the general pace of each match felt the same.

Thief has got my attention, despite my barely remembering playing the original games. I do have a little anxiety as some of the things I've seen and read indicate potential problems, but I've yet to play it myself so we'll see.

And then there's Stick of Truth, which is odd as I'm not usually a South Park person. But everything I've seen this far looks great, and seems to offer a good RPG even for those that aren't fans of the source material. who knows, maybe the game will bring me around to watching the show.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Halo ? Simply because it is a next gen halo.

Titanfall looks new and I had a lot of fun in the beta and alpha.

No man's sky looks like the next minecraft.

Dead space 3.

Nothing on my future radar yet as i'm still catching up with 2013 lol

Titanfall because I want to get back into competitive shooters.

-

Evolve because the thought of 4v1 is insane.

-

Dragon Age 3 (I believe it comes out this year) because I really like that series and I want to see the story continued.

-

Tales of Symphonia HD because it comes with the sequel that I've never got to play. Its a bonus that the first game happens to be awesome.

Titanfall

Minecraft

those are really the only games im going to buy right now

Currently only Destiny is on my must have radar. I have to admit I am a Bungie fan. Looking forward to september when it finally drops.

i really wanted gta5 to be the last new game i bought for this generation, but the stick of truth looks too good to pass up...i might hold off on it a bit, but i'm definitely picking it up next.

Titanfall, Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes, Worms Battlegrounds, Watchdogs, and Destiny.

Those are my for sure, confirmed Xbox games right now. I am debating a few. Specifically I am considering Thief next week. I'm going to see how reviews go. I really want it and it looks really interesting, however I want to see if they end up delivering to reviewers and fans before I throw down the money considering how busy March will end up being.

EDIT: And I will be buying Minecraft for sure. Still waiting on news of the X1 and Vita versions.

[quote user="BootstrapGolem"]

i really wanted gta5 to be the last new game i bought for this generation, but the stick of truth looks too good to pass up...i might hold off on it a bit, but i'm definitely picking it up next.

[/quote]

Yeah, GTAV was the final last gen game that I bought.

The only game I have paid off at the moment is Titanfall. But Watchdogs is coming out in not too long and I'm sure I'll be purchasing that as well.

Dark Souls II. Anything else will probably be spur of the moment(like sales.) I also need to pick up Nier.

"Earth Defense Force: 2025" for the 360 because it knocks the socks off most next gen titles.  It's all the wife and I have played all weekend so far.

"Thief" is out Friday in the UK.  That's next.

"Titanfall" shall be required after that.

These are the only titles with concrete release dates worth picking up.