So what does everyone think of Kinect now?

Is it the critically aclaimed revolutionary accessory that is supposed to expand the xbox 360's life span or a quick buck gimmick?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'll never have the room for it.  My wife MIGHT like to have it but we still don't have the room.  I think it's here to stay, as long as they make games for it.

I purchased my Kinect shortly after it launched, and I have never regretted the purchase. We have definetly gotten our money out of it.

Would I like some more quality games to come out to utilize this technology? Sure. But then again, when purchasing any new technology, I understand that it will take some time till it's full potential is realized. In the meantime, I have plenty to keep me busy.

im getting the kids one for christmas, but i wont be using it much. just not my thing

It can be fun occasionally, but still nothing like what they promised back when it was announced.

All the 'haters' predicted it would be rubbish.

Not sure if the tech is crap, but either way it's been out for a while and it has zero good games.

Well, look at it this way... the thing broke record sales yet there has been no software proving it's worth.  Somebody at corporate knows what they're doing with this cult.

I am in Australia and am utterly disappointed at Microsoft for still not having voice activation for the Oz region. They really need to get their butts into gear and get it happening, especially with the new dashboard etc that is to be released when it is also supposed to. I love Kinect but am really disappointed at it and the original way it was marketed. Not false advertising but misleading.

Kinect is a fun gimmick. Something to gather a bunch of drunk people around a TV for an hour or so. But that's all it is, a gimmick. Microsoft's answer to people complaining about the lack of hardcore games is "hardcore kinect games". Now that is an oxymoron if I ever heard one. And is MS is clearly unable to grasp what a game for the hardcore is.

If a game is good enough, I'll sink my entire day off of work in to playing it. Like I said, kinect is fun for an hour. But I'm not going to spend an entire day jumping around and kicking my feet like an idiot. I set aside time specifically for working out, and kinect is not included. Gaming is what I do to relax, and when the time comes for some gaming, I want to calmly sit there with a controller in my hand and enjoy myself. Apparently this is difficult to comprehend.

I hope to get Kinected one day but as of now I have not tried it out.

GIVE ME MY FRUIT NINJA KINECT NOW!!!!!

What? Oh, it's still an interesting piece of hardware. I just need some more solid reasons to play it more.......and get Child of Eden. I'm horrible on the latter part. :(