so what do you think now its here?

What are your first day impressions, mine are the game exceeds my expectations in multiplayer. I havent touched anything else yet but the multiplayer team deathmatch is awesome the servers are fluid and the game is a silky smooth piece of art.

Multiplayer is the best I have ever played and as brought a smile to my face very similar to gears 1 did but bigger.

What are your opinions on the game but please no spoilers.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Compared to GOW 2 and the initial MP issues these seem to be absent here. I managed to lay a couple of matches last night and like it lots. I never enjoyed GOW MP and fell out of love with GOW 2. Maybe third times a charm?

But yes, fluid, colourful maps. Some good places for close quarters and long range combat so not so much shotty to the face action (Plus or minus?,You decide!). Dare i be the first to say i can see some Halo influences in there (Oneshot - Spartan Laser)...?

Campaign is looking vast, with large open areas so far (Just started chapter 4) but noticed there is certainley less ammo than i am used to. Make you count every shot. I think this is great as it adds to the tension and the overall desperation of the story. A few times i found myself hunting for discarded Hammerburst to use as my Lancer was empty. This was playing on Hardcore so maybe more ammo for lower difficulty?

I did find it a bit confusing at times when characters would shout out enemies, but i was facing the wrong way to see where they were, but then im just picky. Im sure later ill be spoiled for choice as to what to shoot.

So far, loving it!

Horde,mode 2.0 is absolutely amazing. Multiplayer is spot on and seemless. Havent played much of the campaign but its got a great feel to it so far its is completely above expectations. Oh and the replica lancer scares the crap out of my wifes cat so thats a huge plus as well.

Never been a huge gears fan....   But gotta say Im really diggin this game...

I've only played the first few chapters but it's definitely an improvement over Gears 2.  I really didn't enjoy Gears 2 all that much.  The new games feels better in the hands, the gunplay is excellent, the environments look amazing, and the impression from the menu feels like there are a bunch of additional game modes.  Previous games felt very limited in that it was the campaign and multiplayer, which wasn't very good to begin with.  The ranking system looks interesting as well.  Overall it just feels like a more polished game to this point and I haven't even gotten that far into it yet.

Chris Stewart

So far am really enjoying the MP but the SP is dreadfully boring. SP is just Horde with cutscenes in between and im not much of a Horde fan so at the moment i give it 7/10.

To put is simply, PURE UNCUT AWESOMENESS!

[quote user="Yonatan7"]

To put is simply, PURE UNCUT AWESOMENESS!

[/quote]What he said....

Campaign is fun as usual.  But the MP is wow, annoying.  The damn shotgun should be a pick up weapon, not a spawn one.  I never see anyone use anything except for the shotgun and it's still extremely over powered.  Think I'm gonna stick with beast and horde.

Campaign is fun, I honestly don't know why anyone likes the competitive multiplayer which is all about shotguns and power weapons when they could play horde mode and beast mode which both are tons of fun.

People play competitive because they like to compete, lol.  I'm sure they will nerf the Gnasher eventually.