So uh... Is Gears 3 actually going to be fun to play this time around?

Got the Gears triple pack, and man are these games bad.

Gears 1 is pretty much a paperweight aside from the story due to the fact there's only a handful still online and the fact that most people are either boosters, glitchers or have been playing for years and are 100% impossible to counter (that and the hideous lag), so that's kinda sucky.

Gears 2 however, is just horrid. The game isn't really laggy, it's just it's so broken. The two **** rifles are absolute trash, so most fights just devolve into a bunch of huge grunting men rolling around each other shooting the shotgun, which brings me to my next complaint. The shotgun. It's basically 100% luck, since you shoot and shoot and shoot, and sometimes your bullets just go right through them, and they can down you in just one from twice the range you were firing, making the game almost 100% based upon luck/connection. The game would be decent if they'd just fix up the weapon balance (IE: Make the make a cover based firefight shooter like it was intended to be instead of HRNG HRNG HRNG CLANK CLANK BOOM acrobatics simulator), But still.

Which brings me to my point, Is Gears 3 going to be good? I hear some people have played Gears 1/2 and hated it, But tried the beta and loved it. Is that true?

(PS: Does anybody else kinda dislike Gears 1/2 like I do? Just wondering if I'm not alone here ;_;)

Thanks

(PS.2: I can't remember, But didn't that Cliff Blezenski guy admit they f'ed up Gears 2 in an interview or something?)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="THA 1 BEHIND YA"]

2 weeks and all the speculation ends, and the crying begins.

[/quote]

^^True story!

I don't lag in Gears 1 or 2.  Must be you.

2 weeks and all the speculation ends, and the crying begins.

gears 1 was an awesome game, it really felt like being thrown right into the front lines. gears 2 had multiplayer issues but i think its campaign on insane mode and horde made up for that. if you dont like the first 2 obviously you're not going to like the third....  i'm not much for online multi in either cos its like being thrown tot he wolves but the campaigns are amazing imo.

well w/e.... delta till i die baby

To TC: In the same boat as you. Didn't think the story lines for either game were particularly memorable and felt that multiplayer left more to be desired than one should be accustomed to. Nonetheless, Gears 2 for me was about playing with friends online. And though I didn't always enjoy it, I preordered Gears 3 just to play the beta and experience the disappointment of Gears 2 (with friends, of course). Actually, Epic got the online function right. Maps were fun (though I wasn't very fond of Old Town), and the weapons were balanced very well.  Never considered myself much a Gears player, but I had a lot of fun, and I decided to keep my preorder.  

Gears 1 was the start of something great... then Gears 2 came out and the only disappointment was the MP. Now after playing the beta for Gears 3 this final edition to the franchise will truly be EPIC.

I cant agree. Gears really kicked off this generation of gaming for me. It was the nearest to perfection a game could get. Almost a movie. Opinions vary but everyone has copied it in some form or another. 20th!

No, you've got it wrong. Gears 1 was better in the multiplayer department but Gears 2 had a better story. Anyway, Epic did admit they botched Gears 2's multiplayer. When you're late to the party, these things tend to happen.

gears 1 campaign and mp were amazing. probably the most fun i have ever had in an mp game other than halo 2. gears 2 campaign was great, but the mp was the most horrible thing i have ever played. gears 3 campaign will probably be amazing as well, and judging by the beta it has the potential to be the best and most balanced mp so far

He got on and got his a$$ kicked. We all deal with same issues. Play horde, bots, social, because jumping into MP is the worst thing u can do right now.