So this new CoD:Elite

Well... I admit... I was wrong about activision... I figured they would force us to pay for MP.

I only have one question:

How do they plan to advertise to the gamers who feel slighted by activision? I will hopefully be trying out the Beta to Elite this summer, and hope to find out that I like it.

I honestly hope, that if this thing is something useful and good, it works well for the community.  I sort of had the idea that they could introduce the gamers to itnot only with a beta, but with a free trial membership with the purchase of the special editions of MW3.

Just a few days ago,I was the average joe CoD player, whining, complaining, moaning, B*tching about this new idea, but I tend to be interested when I see something that has potential.

As of right now, there is no way in hell im paying for this subscription, but free map packs as part of a subscription? (Yes, I am aware of the idea of 1 time payment vs continual payment)

Based on how this thing plays out, when I get a better job, I may look into paying. but its not in my future as of right now.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

On topic: I will not participate in a pay to play stepping stone.

Off topic: Could this not have been discussed in the numerous other threads about the new CoD: Elite?

Junior speaks the truth, especially on the second point.

[quote user="PnC4life"]

Junior speaks the truth, especially on the second point.

[/quote]

Good to see you Jedi. Can I make silver jokes until you figure your account out?

COD games don't even have multiplayer achievements (worth points anyway) because those lessen online play - anyone who thought you'd have to pay for online was being a bit foolish.

Nobody even knows what exactly it will be or the price or the non-free features.

Like you said, if the map packs are part of it it might be a no brainer or it might be worthless stuff to most of us.

To me it seems the Elite website is just a big COD "facebook, Xbox forums, GB site, YT site, stats site" all mixed together into one. I dont wanna pay for that.

[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]

To me it seems the Elite website is just a big COD "facebook, Xbox forums, GB site, YT site, stats site" all mixed together into one. I dont wanna pay for that.

[/quote]

if their theater mode was HD, and we could upload full games i might consider it but the game would have to be AMAZING.