So they will have an updated engine

that should make many on here happy. rumors are, building damage and other stuff will be included in it.

thoughts.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Lord knows it's way past overdue. The series could use it imo. I'd be happy, but I'm not believing anything unless they announce something first.

Until they actually show gameplay footage, I'm not believing it. Especially if 402 announces it.

I dont see what the big deal is. You want building damage this game called Battlefield does that all day. I am happy with things being blown off the walls, desks, and windows breaking. Barrels exploding? You got it! The cars, although I think every vehicle should explode. I once said we should be able to blow out doors and some stair cases with c4, in this forum, and almost everyone was against it.

They confirmed it is the same engine just tweeked again.And the image leaks on kotaku showed it was the same pukey graphics like all COD.And I love how they are trying to pass off this so called destruction.What ,trash cans can be exploded now? or they will have some low texture building collapsing? Sorry I need to see gameplay and until they get rid of the anti team work mentality and rid of killstreaks and xp and the feather light controls ,and horrendus weapon sound.I just can't be excited for this like i was for COD4.

I doubt destructable environments will be added (besides the usual vehicles and barrel explosions) if they are using the same engine. This engine seems to already be maxed out, with frame rate drops and such when lots of things are going on in game. They are already robbing Peter to pay Paul by cutting out gore to add customization. I am no computer expert, but either this engine is maxed out or we need next gen consoles, dunno. I mean CODs play fine, but having better sounds and graphics with gore would be even better, no?

@ Madeguy

Maybe they can make garbage cans shoot paper out like a volcano when they are hit with fire. That would be funny.

Lol totally!

402 already said building a new engine is counter productive.  So there will be no new engine for MW 3, just the same outdated one from COD 4.  And the destruction theyre adding wont even come close to the destruction in BF, if anything itll be wooden, or sheet metal shacks that will be able to get blown apart.

All the money exploding out of people maxes out the engine.

[quote user="Kramerllama"]

402 already said building a new engine is counter productive.  So there will be no new engine for MW 3, just the same outdated one from COD 4.  And the destruction theyre adding wont even come close to the destruction in BF, if anything itll be wooden, or sheet metal shacks that will be able to get blown apart.

[/quote]

yeah im not really sure why he calls it counter productive considering they've been using the same one since 2007 its time they need a new engine.