So the DLC...

I've heard rumors of an "Omega" DLC, which also adds another squad member to the vacant life support room on the Normandy. Now this is all unconfirmed and all, but if it were in development, how would it be integrated into the story? I've only played through ME3 once, and thus not an expert on the story. I'm hoping for an "after ending DLC" requiring you to achieve the ending where Sheperd lives in order to play it. Any thoughts?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

if there are any single player DLC's, it would take u back in the map where u have to retrieve the prothein VI that illusive man took,i think.as far as any gameplay after "perfect ending",i don't think there is anything after that unless ME4(...one more story).just my thoughts.  :)

[quote user="KHAOS AGEN7"]

if there are any single player DLC's, it would take u back in the map where u have to retrieve the prothein VI that illusive man took,i think.as far as any gameplay after "perfect ending",i don't think there is anything after that unless ME4(...one more story).just my thoughts.  :)

[/quote]

If I'm reading that right, you're saying that any SP DLC will probably be a side quest that will take place before you reach the ending.  Which is why, after you finish the SP campaign, you are reloaded to a point just before your assault on TIM's base? Sorry, the way you worded it confused me, but that's what I got from it. In any case, I think that's what the case will be.  Not everyone got the 'perfect ending' and not everyone chose the ending that even had the possibility of Shepard 'surviving', so even if there is a ME4, he (or she) won't be in it.

(...one more story) could also refer to a 'retake Omega' or even several other SP DLC's... to add a few more thoughts. =)

If thats the case (regarding DLC taking place before the ending) Im not interested.  An extra squad mate with one or two more missions before you get to choose the A,B,C crap ending they said you wouldn't have to do is about as pointless as it gets.  

If you think about it though, Bioware is in a tough spot when it comes to DLC, as in most cases Shepherd dies at the end. Since most people have also beaten the game, it makes it less likely that those people will buy DLC. I'm curios to what they are planning to do. Maybe a new ending DLC...?

Bioware is a smart cookie. What ever they come up with will be good im sure. How about we get to use the poker table for some old DR2 style poker with your squad mates. I mean come on its a awesome table.

"Bioware is a smart cookie"?!  I like your idea with the poker table, I kept going in there with the hope that I could trigger a "character select screen" and choose a few players to join in a game and share some jokes, but it was not to be...:-)

There won't be a 'new ending dlc' CocoasaurusRex, BioWare are pretty much adamant about sticking to their teams 'artistic' talent. Go look on youtube (I'd put the link here, but knowing my luck, the mods would censor the link due to it having coarse language... just like they censor'd a funny ME3 pic I put up and the PC police clamped down) for "ME3: Extended Cut DLC Preview & Discussion " Published on 6 Apr 2012 by AngryJoeShow... I tend to somewhat agree with what he said.

i just can't wait to see the reactions of all the people who HATES the ending when the extended cut DLC comes out.

i currently stopped playing ME 3 because im hoping they would release more DLC for the SP. I loved the game so far, but just wanted more DLC content for it.

Yeah, I think one or two really good DLCs, 'Arrival' or 'Bring Down The Sky' calibre, will really complete this game...:-)