Issues that need to be fixed:
- Broken Lobby System. There is sooooo much wrong with this, so much...
-Who's in my lobby? I don't know, do you? Did I send an invite or not? Still don't know.
-Searching for match... or not...
-Finally! In a game! WHY ARE YOU ON THE OTHER TEAM??? wth?
-I could go on but there is more to discuass.
- The charector models are from the good ol days of Gen 1 Xbox, why???
- Thusly so are the charector animations, again, why???
- Nothing like a limp wristed granade toss that bounces off windows. No cooking please.
- Am I hitting that guy? I think I'm hitting that guy... Am I getting hit? I CAN'T TELL!
- Yes, player hit detection is non existant.
- I have a knife here somewhere, no really, hang on a sec I'll find it, oh, there it....
- Weapon loadout in game only? Really... sorry guys, can't play, gotta set up my classes...
- Friends want to play and you just finished a round, there is no escape, you can't leave!
- Can't quit or exit a game unil you have spawned all the way into the next one.
- Finnally, can exit, loading... loading... loading... dashboarding...
- Wow, that flashlight is freaking bright, my EYES!!!
- Ok, I'll stop moving and start shooting, why am I still moving? Wiggle stick, ok, there.
These are just some "technical issues" inside the "beta." Can't imagine there is enough time to fix any of it let alone all of it. Three weeks doesn't seem to be long enough to change so much code and have it tested before launch? There are also some questionable gameplay decisions I have noticed. Game unlocks weapons and such as you level up, I'd much rather choose what I use, cuz a new pistol does not excite me so much. Replace my sniper rifle with shotgun? Um, no... Does not allow you to replace a pistol with a picked up weapon. I tried, went to swap back to my sniper and my pistol came out, wth?
As for my take on the visuals: Environments look ok but what is going on with the players? I know, instead of fleshing out the people like in "other games" in the genre, lets put in rockets that take out planes that have NOTHING to do with the gameplay. The game looks bad, flat out. The PC clips we have been looking at for months look great and were a major reason I was excited about this, what a fake out. I had every intention of buying back into BF and leaving "the other guys" re-release of the same ol game over and over behind. Unfortunately what the beta has done is effectively convinced me to cancel my pre-order. Shades of the DUKE Nukem marketing strategy here, lol.
For those that retort "it's a beta!," come on, no way it changes that much in 20 days or less before it ships. If I had anything to say to EA, it would be, DELAY IT and fix it. I so wanted to like this, I really did... :(