So so so dissapointed... Really wanted to like it but...

Issues that need to be fixed:

- Broken Lobby System. There is sooooo much wrong with this, so much...
-Who's in my lobby? I don't know, do you? Did I send an invite or not? Still don't know.
-Searching for match... or not...
-Finally! In a game! WHY ARE YOU ON THE OTHER TEAM??? wth?
-I could go on but there is more to discuass.
- The charector models are from the good ol days of Gen 1 Xbox, why???
- Thusly so are the charector animations, again, why???
- Nothing like a limp wristed granade toss that bounces off windows. No cooking please.
- Am I hitting that guy? I think I'm hitting that guy... Am I getting hit? I CAN'T TELL!
- Yes, player hit detection is non existant.
- I have a knife here somewhere, no really, hang on a sec I'll find it, oh, there it....
- Weapon loadout in game only? Really... sorry guys, can't play, gotta set up my classes...
- Friends want to play and you just finished a round, there is no escape, you can't leave!
- Can't quit or exit a game unil you have spawned all the way into the next one.
- Finnally, can exit, loading... loading... loading... dashboarding...
- Wow, that flashlight is freaking bright, my EYES!!!
- Ok, I'll stop moving and start shooting, why am I still moving? Wiggle stick, ok, there.

These are just some "technical issues" inside the "beta." Can't imagine there is enough time to fix any of it let alone all of it. Three weeks doesn't seem to be long enough to change so much code and have it tested before launch? There are also some questionable gameplay decisions I have noticed. Game unlocks weapons and such as you level up, I'd much rather choose what I use, cuz a new pistol does not excite me so much. Replace my sniper rifle with shotgun? Um, no... Does not allow you to replace a pistol with a picked up weapon. I tried, went to swap back to my sniper and my pistol came out, wth?

As for my take on the visuals: Environments look ok but what is going on with the players? I know, instead of fleshing out the people like in "other games" in the genre, lets put in rockets that take out planes that have NOTHING to do with the gameplay. The game looks bad, flat out. The PC clips we have been looking at for months look great and were a major reason I was excited about this, what a fake out. I had every intention of buying back into BF and leaving "the other guys" re-release of the same ol game over and over behind. Unfortunately what the beta has done is effectively convinced me to cancel my pre-order. Shades of the DUKE Nukem marketing strategy here, lol.

For those that retort "it's a beta!," come on, no way it changes that much in 20 days or less before it ships. If I had anything to say to EA, it would be, DELAY IT and fix it. I so wanted to like this, I really did... :(

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Once again EA has failed where a beta is concerned. The biggest problem is that the version of the beta we are getting to play is a dumbed down version which is 6 months old if not older.

We are playing on the alpha build... no way this is beta.

If you think this game look bad..   Ide like to know what you think looks good???

Slow knifing was put in intentionaly to stop idiots running around knifing..  Its made for when you sneak up on someone not as a primary weapon...  This is not COD!!

You can only pick up one primary weapon...   Oh you mean like evey BF game EVER!!!    This is not COD!!!

You can cook grenades dont know what game youre playing..

There are hit markers for when youre hitting someone and when youre getting hit so I guess youre a moron..

Loadout options..  lobbies...  and connection issues have been in every BF game and have always been addressed and fixed..  

Clearly youre more of the CoD mindset and thats fine..   But dont hate BF for doin what BF does...

And yes this is A BETA!!!!!

DJ Jayne: Why so hostile?

[quote user="DJ Jayne"]

If you think this game look bad..   Ide like to know what you think looks good???

Slow knifing was put in intentionaly to stop idiots running around knifing..  Its made for when you sneak up on someone not as a primary weapon...  This is not COD!!

You can only pick up one primary weapon...   Oh you mean like evey BF game EVER!!!    This is not COD!!!

You can cook grenades dont know what game youre playing..

There are hit markers for when youre hitting someone and when youre getting hit so I guess youre a moron..

Loadout options..  lobbies...  and connection issues have been in every BF game and have always been addressed and fixed..  

Clearly youre more of the CoD mindset and thats fine..   But dont hate BF for doin what BF does...

And yes this is A BETA!!!!!

[/quote]

Why are you complaining about Call of Duty when the problems so far in this so-called Beta are the faults of EA and DICE?  You are sounding like a douche of a Battlefield fanboy who thinks the series can do nothing wrong and is superior to Call of Duty in every way.

He is not hostile just stating the facts.

Just seems like hes was making CoD compairisons...   The knife thing...   Two primary weapons...   I actually enjoy a little CoD once in a while...   Im not mad at the guy I just feel his complaints are a little premature..   DICE usually delivers and handles the issues...   And most of the OPs "issues" are part of the game..   So it seems like hes more the CoD crowd..   If you choose to take CoD crowd as an insult maybe its you that has the problem..lol

You can't seriously say you like the charector models, ewe, just ewe.  There may be hit markers but they are not consistant and more often than not there aren't any.  I have yet to feel any rumble when getting shot btw.  I have no prob with slow knife but this is just silly, it's like he forgot where he put it.  If it's not meant as a primary, why can you walk around with it out then? I have tried to cook a nade and they always just go sailing, a very short distance.  If they can be cooked it's news to me. How is it good they bounce off glass? If the other "issues" are always there and always fixed, later, why don't they just do it right the first time? As far as not swapping out a pistol, just cuz it's "what they do" don't make it right.  Evoloution, heard of it?  What looks good? Gears, Halo, CoD, all look great.  Heck, even Tron Evolution looks better.  BTW, name calling is never nice sir.

Ill give you gears...   But the rest of those games look no better then this (prolly worse)...   and gears kinda falls into that fantasy world catagory where you have a little more wiggle room with reality...    And personally I love the ONE PRIMARY weapon..   If you where in battle would you be lugging around two ARs..  Not likely..  Seems more realistic..   And honestly I feel most if all your complaints will be addresed in the final build...   Patients..

This is actually an old Medal of Honor beta they put out by mistake.