So... Should I ?

Download patch 1.2 ?
I've avoided signing into XBL because of what I've heard. But some people have stated the patch did nothing but increase some textures?
So the question is, can I download this patch.. Sick of not being online...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I downloaded the patch when it was first released, and as of now I haven't encountered any problems that people have claimed. So I'd say, yes download it and get back online :)

I'd say download it. I got it on day one and have not seen any of the issues others have mentioned. Then again, my archer hasn't been using any of the resistant stuff until this past weekend when elder dragons started showing up. Plus, it seems that the resistant glitch is random: you may or may not get it.

I have downloaded it and I can almost say I don't have any problems. The only problem being the half retarded dragon in Eastmarch that keeps flying backwards and lags everywhere; I decided to give up on him and ignore him really no biggy. I don't think Resistance is broken for me. Many people say it is, but I have yet to contract a disease.

This is the first I have heard about the Resistance Bug only happening to select people. What I have heard was that it happens to everyone. For that reason, I haven't downloaded it. I'm sure if the people saying they're not effected tested by doing flames on a summoned Flame Atronach, they would see that their resistances are indeed broken. If you're not having any issues with the game and your textures are ok then there is no reason to download 1.2. I would avoid it, no point in breaking things for no reason.

The only benefit of downloading patch 1.2 at the moment is it's supposed to have fixed the texture glitch.

But it breaks more than it fixes. Apparently it breaks bookshelves in your houses, resistance and weakness is broken and some dragons fly backwards.

I've avoided patch 1.2 myself by staying offline. As the patch doesn't fix any quest glitches it just is not worth downloading just for the sake of textures.

Apparently patch 1.3 will be out later this week or early next week. You are better off just waiting for that.

I went w/ Malacath's thoughts.  I knew 1.3 will be out sooner rather than later, so I switched over to a different game to play for a week or so, and then i'll go back and get sucked into Skyrim again.

I just noticed my bookshelves didn't work in Whiterun this weekend. Just thought it was a temporary glitch at the time and never did anything else with the bookshelves since. Glad to know that it is from the patch.

[quote user="TheeRainman"]

I just noticed my bookshelves didn't work in Whiterun this weekend. Just thought it was a temporary glitch at the time and never did anything else with the bookshelves since. Glad to know that it is from the patch.

[/quote]

Unfortunately though I don't know if they are going to be fixed in patch 1.3. The sticky in the bethesda forums just mentions the broken resistance and the backwards dragons.

But there are a lot of posts confirming that the bookshelves were broken by the patch