So Mass Effect is going multiplayer

I've been looking around the internet and came across that piece of news. I have a lingering feeling that this will make the single player take a hit, probably not crippling but I really don't know what to say at this point.  Guess I shall see when the game gets here.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

lol nah rearry?

the coop feature had a job posting for it go up about 15 months ago on EA's site. so thats the earliest they could have started (maybe at 14 months ago). also it should be noted that Bioware Edmonton, the studio that does the ME games, didn't do the coop but Bioware Montreal did so there was no time taken away from the SP portion of the game. and if they added in coop while also pushing back the release date then obviously more money was allowed to be spent on it from EA (time = money).

[quote user="Fear Thy Waffle"]

lol nah rearry?

[/quote]

Why you racist son of a Hanar.

Plot Twist: Hanar control the Blood Pack

Nah, I think the single player will be fine. Even if it wasnt, I would still get it. I want to finish the series if this is the last one.

[quote user="implantedwall14"]

[quote user="Fear Thy Waffle"]

lol nah rearry?

[/quote]

Why you racist son of a Hanar.

[/quote] hells yes

I concur with the OP. I do think the SP will be hindered by MP, due to the fact that many gamers who don't like MP will be forced into completing the game with every side mission etc completed for each playthrough, just to ensure they'll get the optimal ending, whereas those who use the MP, would probably only have to spend time in the MP mode to earn the War Assets etc they need to complete SP easier.

I called it 18 months are more, been baned a couple of times arguing about it LOL, I knew it was comming, this games going to be EPIC!  the weapons are suited for MP its just goiung to be awesome!  be playing skyrim until its launch, forget about GTA V..

There's no question that the multiplayer addition has been unpopular on this forum, to say the least, but now that the "shock" has subsided somewhat, some are beginning to warm up to the idea.  I'm not sure that I agree with you that "the weapons are suited for MP", some of them, like The Geth Shotgun, would be overkill.  Deaths Head 200, your theory that the multiplayer gamers "would probably only have to spend time in the MP mode" and have an "easier" time to complete the SP is totally unfounded, they may very well have a much harder path.  In the campaign, you can execute strategies based on your previous attempts to proceed farther into the campaign, whereas when you're gaming against other gamers, it's much more reaction based and unpredictable, those who just "spend time in the MP mode" won't last very long, it'll be much "easier" playing the campaign on "Casual" to get the best ending...:-)