So many years of fun are no more.

I've had a 360 the year it came out....along with all the problems that it came with. I've had it returned to be repaired 3 times already and now my fourth time my warrenty is out and you all know what that means $100 down the drain. Well not for me saddly i've looked into a new PS3 now and got it actually and i'm sitting here watching my 360 die slowly as it gets a new problem everyday. What do you guys think of this $100 fee to get a xbox repaired and most of the time get a refurbished one back anyway? You can go to gamestop and get a refrubished one for $140 without the wait. All that money that was going to 360 games this chrismas ha :O all thats going to the PS3 now instead. I just want to see what everyone thinks of these prices though for something we didnt even do to the system. I just find it a low blow really.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Bye

Have fun with the PS3.

i was thinking about getting a ps3 for the exclusives such as motorstorm and resistance look like epic games

[quote user="NCR General"]

i was thinking about getting a ps3 for the exclusives such as motorstorm and resistance look like epic games

[/quote]Uncharted and Infamous are better examples of PS3 exclusives, in my opinion. I own all of them. Resistance 3 comes out on Tuesday. Looking forward to playing it. Unfortunately it's going to have to wait until I finish up Dead Island, and then Warhammer.

I keep hearing about guys that go through 3+  Xbox's.  I don't know how they keep breaking it.  Do you sit it on a radiator or something?

I've still got my first 360.  I might replace it once if it ever dies.

Uncharted 3 beta was pretty nice on PS3.

I think the fee that Microsoft charges for out of warranty repair is scandalous.

Repairing the RRoD for example costs at the very least £62 with Microsoft for something that is a £5 fix. That is one hell of a mark-up.

Interesting logic. Your complaint seems to be that you feel it's unfair and unreasonable for a company to charge a fee of $100 to repair/replace a product that is found defective after the warranty has expired.  Yet, when you think about it, there are very few companies that would replace a product at all once it's out of warranty. And those companies that do, will almost always charge some form of fee for the service.

I suppose one could argue that $100 is too much to pay for that kind of service, but that is simply a matter of opinion.  The way I see it, a fully operational console, fresh out of the box, would cost $199.00 USD (provided you buy the 4GB model). And the only difference between that, and the refurb would be that the refurb has been used. At the time it is sent to you, it is tested and proven to be in the same working order as a new xbox console... but for less money.

EDIT: I'm not saying that it isn't a bit steep when compared to the cost MS puts into actually fixing the problem... Just saying it's cheaper in the short run than buying a new console. And the same kind of markup would be found in any company that fixes out-of-warranty products.

Now, you can certainly go take your $100 that the repair/replacement would cost you, and put it towards something else that would better suit your needs; in fact I encourage it. If you feel that buying a refurbished console from another store, or switching to PS3 is a better choice for you, then by all means, go for it. No one is going to stop you.

stick the faulty one on ebay,they sell for quite a lot considering ,and put the money towards a new slim with a brand new warranty.

Yea sorry for some people that think i'm trolling in my first post with E-Rage. I'm just pissed because most of my friends are playing on the 360 still and It just pisses me off that is dies every year. And no I do not sit it on a Radiator. My first one was broken due to my little bro being a you know little brother and he just had to have it standing up and like a idiot knocked it over. The other 2 were the red rings of death and this time its just alot of random things. Disk Drive went bad the system itself runs slow. Hunk of Junk if you ask me right about now.

Id just buy a new one.