So long Seriously 3.0 (useless thread)

I have been a Gears player from day 1 and every game I have an ambition to finish everything get all achievements, especially Seriously.  But looking at my achievements you can see I have never gotten a Seriously achievement.  I have the majority of Gears achievements but I never have the time to dedicate to getting Seriously.  With Gears 3 I thought I could just keep playing for 2 years and will get it eventually, well I don't see it happening.  I will keep playing Gears 3 till the next game comes out but I won't waste my time going for Onxy medals for things I just don't enjoy doing much.  For those who earn it, well done it is a badge of honor for a Gears fan. Last night I got to play Gears for the first time in 2 weeks and it looks like it will be 2 weeks before I get more time to play, (being an adult blows sometimes).  When I get to play I am gonna stick to the fun stuff versus Medals boosting.  This is a useless thread because I am bored at work.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Just boost the 6 game modes while you dont play for weeks.

lol love this thing going on this weekend. you're starting gun is a boom shot

There is a lot more to it than just that, I would have to go for Pistol kills, SOS kill, Fire kills, Spotting, All the Weapons medals   and not to mention all the campaign medals.  It just doesn't interest me anymore, I am starting a new business so I am basically working 2 jobs now, that plus a family just doesn't leave much down time.  So I have decided to just for go Seriously and really enjoy the little Gears time I will get.

those will atleast help you level up, lol

@Dirt true they can help me level up but I will level up by playing.  @Jenny boom snipes is one of my favorite playlist I am gonna try to  make time for this playlist this weekend. Maybe I will see you online.

[quote user="The Billy Zane"]and not to mention all the campaign medals.[/quote]the campaign medals only take a couple of hours after you do insane arcade. not like it really matters lol, just saying.

That is the only achievement I don't plan on getting.

Yeah, I am just missing 8 ribbons for socialite, and have a ways to go for my second-reup. I will just live with being 100pts short.  @iiM So N1NJA should change his name to @iiM So Dedicated 100% all the Gears game, Respect man.

4750/4750!

it's for better or for worse been a good ride lol

[quote user="The Billy Zane"]

I have been a Gears player from day 1 and every game I have an ambition to finish everything get all achievements, especially Seriously.  But looking at my achievements you can see I have never gotten a Seriously achievement.  I have the majority of Gears achievements but I never have the time to dedicate to getting Seriously.  With Gears 3 I thought I could just keep playing for 2 years and will get it eventually, well I don't see it happening.  I will keep playing Gears 3 till the next game comes out but I won't waste my time going for Onxy medals for things I just don't enjoy doing much.  For those who earn it, well done it is a badge of honor for a Gears fan. Last night I got to play Gears for the first time in 2 weeks and it looks like it will be 2 weeks before I get more time to play, (being an adult blows sometimes).  When I get to play I am gonna stick to the fun stuff versus Medals boosting.  This is a useless thread because I am bored at work.

[/quote]Its not a useless thread at all.What i highlighted is the mature, fun way to play the game and how all games should be played.  Doing so is going to cost you something you want.  You love gears in a way i cant understand and therefore want 100% achievement completion.  W/O boosting thats not possible.  Even if you boost, it takes a long time, and even if you arent physically there (ie idle boosting) it still puts useless wear and tear on your machine.  I feel bad because you do want to get it, but in my eyes and only for what its worth, based on your love of the game, knowledge of the gears universe, and continued support of the franchise, you got 100% and a Seriously achievement in all but name a long time ago.

I on the other hand havent had fun playing this game for quite a while.  Ive stopped playing everything but Quickmatch TDM and i keep asking myself why i keep playing even that.  I need to stop and start playing games where i do have fun.  I intend to go back to Gears 2 original Horde which is my most fun thing about the series.  Im going to TRY to quit Gears 3 cold.  My backlog of other games and DS is going to be happy though :p   It has been fun interacting with you The Billy Zane (and a select few others on here).  Ignore this paragraph as it is mostly selfish and i only meant to post the first one.  Take care.