So, it's not bad...

Originally, as with many, I scoffed a joked at CoD expense.  I touted the huge gap between it and BF 3 (which I absolutely maintain exists still).  However, BO II is not bad.  It's vastly superior to the failures of MW 3 and MW 2.  It has fixed one of the major flaws in BO, the ease of obtaining ridiculously broken KS like the chopper gunner.  For whatever reason I have not yet been lag switched on BO 2 (more a spotlight on "Potential" community improvement) and I have noticed way fewer retarded obscene emblems.  The gunplay is standard CoD, which is to say adequate, andc I have yet to meet a gun so overpowered as to make the low skill players able to beat the higher skilled players toe to toe repeatedly.  

-

It''s still no BF, but it's not Halo.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="HyperSMB"]

Originally, as with many, I scoffed a joked at CoD expense.  I touted the huge gap between it and BF 3 (which I absolutely maintain exists still).  However, BO II is not bad.  It's vastly superior to the failures of MW 3 and MW 2.  It has fixed one of the major flaws in BO, the ease of obtaining ridiculously broken KS like the chopper gunner.  For whatever reason I have not yet been lag switched on BO 2 (more a spotlight on "Potential" community improvement) and I have noticed way fewer retarded obscene emblems.  The gunplay is standard CoD, which is to say adequate, andc I have yet to meet a gun so overpowered as to make the low skill players able to beat the higher skilled players toe to toe repeatedly.  

-

It''s still no BF, but it's not Halo.

[/quote]lol, i'm guessing that's your way of saying you like the game...

Is it a bad thing that it's not Halo?  At least in Halo you have a chance to take down a host if you get shots off before the host does since you have shields in Halo.

[quote user="AlmasRetroChild"]

Is it a bad thing that it's not Halo?  At least in Halo you have a chance to take down a host if you get shots off before the host does since you have shields in Halo.

[/quote]I get host 99% of the time, and i die more when i am host than when i'm not.

And at least you don't have to wait 10 minutes inbetween each match like Halo games, and the host migration is far, far, far better than Halo 4, and you get to play on more maps too!

That's because of the lag comp right?  If you're host then it's the other way around and you're the one that has to lead your shots more.  And 10 minutes?  Wow that's greatly exaggerated.  More like a minute at the worst.

That's because of the lag comp right?  If you're host then it's the other way around and you're the one that has to lead your shots more.  And 10 minutes?  Wow that's greatly exaggerated.  More like a minute at the worst.

[/quote]Next time you boot the game up see how long it takes you to find a matchmade game, it's a very long time in releation to other games, maybe not 10 minutes, but certainly 5 minutes or more, then you get into a game and the host migrates, heck you can have a full CoD match in that time...

1 it's not halo or bf it's cod

2 what was so bad with mw3?

I play Halo 4 almost everyday and have about 1,000 matches played.  1 minute has honestly been the longest.  Maybe you have a strict NAT?  And it makes sense for COD to have quicker searches since COD's population dwarfs Halo's. But I think skilled players in Halo have an easier transition to COD games than the other way around since you have to be consistently accurate with your shots to earn a kill instead of only needing to be accurate for a short time.  I'm not knocking the COD series at all but they are two different kinds of beasts.

I play Halo 4 almost everyday and have about 1,000 matches played.  1 minute has honestly been the longest.  Maybe you have a strict NAT?  And it makes sense for COD to have quicker searches since COD's population dwarfs Halo's. But I think skilled players in Halo have an easier transition to COD games than the other way around since you have to be consistently accurate with your shots to earn a kill instead of only needing to be accurate for a short time.  I'm not knocking the COD series at all but they are two different kinds of beasts.

[/quote]I've had as many Halo 4 matches, My NAT is always OPEN, honestly CoD matchmaking is a lot better for me, it takes about 20 seconds for me to get from the menu into a game, i'm being serious.

Halo 4 takes more skill to be good at though...

[quote user="HyperSMB"]

The gunplay is standard CoD, which is to say adequate, andc I have yet to meet a gun so overpowered as to make the low skill players able to beat the higher skilled players toe to toe repeatedly.  

[/quote]

You mean you don't miss an entire team running around with the famas? :)

Nice, Wilko.  And I do agree about the maps and think they suck overall.  Maybe 2 or 3 good ones.  I keep reading the BO II forums to get a gist of what people go through and trying to get myself to play it.  I'm just afraid switching between two control chemes is gonna throw me off.