So it seems consoles are going digital.....

So what do you guys think?

I'm not naive enough to think consoles have no digital games, but for the most part games are bought through retail.

Stay cool....it really is a great feature.

What are some of your concerns?  Having been a digital buyer for years now, I want to put your minds at ease.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

glorious isn't watching it evolve

plenty of games are on ps3 digital for ok prices... some games are day 1 digital, i don't think it happens on xbox as much because the option for digital is fine but I rather own a copy then rent one.

I hope not, I've always preferred to have physical copies.

Buy from gamestop or Bestbuy INSTEAD of Microsoft Market an download direct to your HD?  I would love to have that!! As long as they had the great savings or Sales, sure!

[quote user="ICN3D"]

So what do you guys think?

I'm not naive enough to think consoles have no digital games, but for the most part games are bought through retail.

Stay cool....it really is a great feature.

What are some of your concerns?  Having been a digital buyer for years now, I want to put your minds at ease.

[/quote]They are not going completely digital next gen, so it's not a concern for me, but apart from that, i have many digital games on iOS and have no problems accessing them...

I've been a Steam user since the release of Half-Life 2. The Steam content delivery service doesn't bother me as I can upgrade my PC and everything still works. Digital content for a console, however, would be limited to that specific console generation (this theory is formed by looking at console MFR's track record of not supporting BC). I'm a fan of going back and playing older games and my NES/SNES/Genesis see weekly use (currently playing through Earthbound on SNES). If the console's content servers get taken offline, then my games are gone (the XBox 360 doesn't offer a backup option to DVD-R like Steam offers).

If the console MFR were to announce a platform that all future consoles would be built upon and insure that purchased content would still be compatible, then I would be much more interested.

The pricing structure also needs to be adjusted. I bought Hitman Absolution on Steam for $16.99 a week after release. That kind of pricing makes me very happy.

I'm okay with it I guess, still I prefer a hard copy that way I know 100% that I own it and can always use it.

[quote user="Ascenion"]

I'm okay with it I guess, still I prefer a hard copy that way I know 100% that I own it and can always use it.

[/quote]I prefer disc's too, but i do not fear digital content as much as i used to, as long as it's not on a Microsoft machine, as they are far too strict with their DRM.

you all can use ur 360 digital games whenever u want simply back them up and the profile

[quote user="PhilMarck"]

you all can use ur 360 digital games whenever u want simply back them up and the profile

[/quote]I don't understand what you mean?