So it is 2025

I am sitting at my Xbox 1440 playing Modern Warfare 3 trying to get to prestige level 150..... Seriously? How many prestige levels are they going to add? Does anyone else think enough is enough? What was the point of the start from scratch button?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I guess they think that adding presitge levels will add longevity to the game. I do not see the point. It's not like they are going to support the game after November, when BLK OPs 2 comes out.

To me 15 prestige levels in blops was enough. At least they unlocked something new (more pics for your emblem, playercard background, gold camo, face paint, colorful clan tag). 10 was perfectly enough for MW3. Going past it was just a brainfart. The same icon for 10 prestige levels, no new emblems or titles, no new unlocks, nothing. I personally am going to stay at prestige 10 once I reach it.

[quote user="Sipuli91"]

To me 15 prestige levels in blops was enough. At least they unlocked something new (more pics for your emblem, playercard background, gold camo, face paint, colorful clan tag). 10 was perfectly enough for MW3. Going past it was just a brainfart. The same icon for 10 prestige levels, no new emblems or titles, no new unlocks, nothing. I personally am going to stay at prestige 10 once I reach it.

[/quote]I said the same thing and then double xp for Elite playlist came around and after watching all that wasted xp go to waste I broke and prestiged again.

I like that they keep raising the bar. I keep asking myself what would I like to unlock with my next prestige token & the more I think about it the more I want to unlock. I worry that without the additional prestige tokens I won't be able to unlock everything I want quickly & will have to wait for very special & rare occasions, like Christmas to get 1. Besides, I never really prestiged much in previous Cod titles, so with MW3, I decided to see just how far I could go. :)

But you just run out of stuff to unlock early lol. There's no way you need all that stuff in the very early levels! What I did was to unlock the high level stuff (ak, fad, mp7, portable...) and now I don't see any reason to use early unlocks on other stuff. MAybe I'll just get more custom classes I'm not even gonna use, who knows...

You still don't have all of your custom classes!? That's the 1st thing I did! I had all 10 custom classes by the time I hit my 2nd prestige (2 from the start from previous games, 2 for prestige, & 1 for X-Mas; 5+5=10). I've since used the tokens to get the MP7, MK14, ACR, Portable Radar, C4, & regular package. I'm considering using more to get the Claymore & Stinger Missile Launcher. I want to make sure I have enough tokens in the end to unlock the hardened & veteran packages (as crappy as they are). I've also considered unlocking perks early, like Dead Silence or Sitrep. Or even attachments, like akimbo for the FMG9 (since you get that weapon from the start). There's plenty of choices to choose from....

-

Also, you can't run out of stuff to unlock because there aren't enough prestige levels to unlock everything...

asking why they're adding more prestige levels is like asking why people boost.

"Also, you can't run out of stuff to unlock because there aren't enough prestige levels to unlock everything...".

Obviously, but it's a question of worth and half the stuff is not worth it. You start running out of things you actually want.

I am 15th Prestige and since I've only stopped once on the first, I think this might be my last one. I've been out of things to token for a while now and I wouldn't mind taking a break from Prestiging.

I say keep going as far as you can go. If you run out of things you want, there's always 2 hours double XP. :)

Infinity Ward has hinted before at 10 additional prestiges and no more.