So is it just me...

Or does it seem like the plants ALWAYS win? I rarely ever see zombies win. I feel like the plants classes are all pretty useful but there's only like two zombie classes that are any good.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I played for a couple hours today, played on a zombie team quite a few times and won each time. Also lost once when playing against zombies. So its not really a huge imbalance. Part of it might just be that the majority of players are more familiar with the plants from garden ops right now.

Its just you then.  I've lost and won as both the Plants, and as the Zombies various times.

I won like 10 in a row alternating between both plants and zombies. it just depends on your teams skill level

I find that whatever team I'm on I lose lol. But I've seen a fair share of both zombie and plant wins.

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

I feel that its pretty balanced over all. Not perfect but pretty good. I've won and lost on both sides. I do think they should do away with reviving in multiplayer other than co-op because of the Chomper. Or maybe give one of the zombies an un-revivable attack. But its not the biggest deal or game breaking imo. I usually respawn immediately anyway.

Plants are too powerful for such an easy job.  If you're winning as Zombies you're just playing some really terrible teams.  Usually the majority of games I play: As a plant, we trap them in their spawn, as a Zombie we are trapped in our spawn for the majority of the match, but sometimes we can muscle out of it and make some captures (Very rarely win G&G though).

Plants have it too easy. 1 Chili Bomb and/or 1 Corn Strike are automatic wins in Overtime. Add Snares, Mines, and Chompers, and the Zombies need a very tiny buff in a few aspects of G&G.  

The game is balanced in Team Vanquish, but in G&G Plants have a CLEAR advantage.  I bet if EA releases the data, Plants have won more, damaged more, and killed more.  Not even going to mention healing, because it's not even a contest. Plants can chain heal exponentially.

Basically it's stacked against zombies:

If you step out of capture zone in overtime to avoid explosions: You lose

If you stay in capture zone in overtime: You will get hit with a huge AoE explosion and probably lose.

I'm sticking to my opinion that plants aren't stupidly overpowered, as you claim them to be. Aside from that, I don't look at this like some COD/Battlefield/Halo game. Where a tiny imbalance can ruin the game. I look at it more like a party game, such as the old days of games like Mario party. A simple fun game to enjoy with friends without taking the game itself too seriously.

-

My recommendation, try to just enjoy the game. Don't try an pick it apart and have the fun bleed out of it all.

My recommendation, try to just enjoy the game. Don't try an pick it apart and have the fun bleed out of it all.

THIS!

Play the game and have fun.

Somehow I seem rather bad with plants as opposed to zombies, and end up feeling like zombies have slighter advantage, though it could just be because of the initial abilities you start with..... They're just so hard to work with in my opinion, even as you start to progrss little by little, but that's just me I guess.