So I've decided...

After 3 days of playing AC4, that 1. I was born in the wrong era, and wish I was a pirate, very much so. And 2. That if I were a pirate, by life would be a musical, because I would forever be singing shanties, and singing outside of taverns. Any others feel this way?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

While I do enjoy the aspect of pirates in this game, and in some movies. No I don't wish I had been born in an era where men were forced out of work and into piracy. The perspective of pirates shown in this game is actually much cleaner than the truth.

In some parts of the world, pirates still exist to this day, and it's no barrel of laughs. You could always get yourself a sailboat though and sing your shanties. People might think you crazy, but eh, whatever floats your boat.

I love this era very much. Though, if I ever hear drunken sailor again... lol

[quote user="Vegito Chan"]

While I do enjoy the aspect of pirates in this game, and in some movies. No I don't wish I had been born in an era where men were forced out of work and into piracy. The perspective of pirates shown in this game is actually much cleaner than the truth.

In some parts of the world, pirates still exist to this day, and it's no barrel of laughs. You could always get yourself a sailboat though and sing your shanties. People might think you crazy, but eh, whatever floats your boat.

[/quote]

I see what you did there... ;-)

You need to collect more shanties.

Just bought this game, waiting for Amazon to deliver it. Of all the posts and videos I've seen, your comment makes me most excited for it :D

Just finishing off ACII. Weighing up against Black Flag and Tomb Raider atm, met get this.

I know I'm pretty late to the AC party, but I have a question about AC4. I didn't have much interest in the series until ACII was a free Games for Gold DL, so I decided to try it. I actually liked the game... but I had one major problem with it. One of the main story missions incorporated playing a MP game type in the SP campaign. It's been awhile, so I'm not sure exactly, but I think it was something like CTF,  against the AI. The problem (well, for me) was that the controls and my [lack of] ability to move from one place to another quickly, just didn't work. I could never catch my 'opponent'. I literally got frustrated enough that I just gave up and never finished the game.

So that brings me to my question. Does AC4 have any 'MP game type incorporated into SP' quests? I don't care if they're secondary objectives like rooftop races that aren't required, I'm only concerned if they're required to finish the SP campaign?

I couldn't get past the horrible Ship/sailing game play and ended up selling it straight away, think I played it for about 3 hours tops.

Blue Illusion - hey there! To answer your question, no, I don't recall seeing any types of "race so and so to such and such" missions, even in the side-quests. You may run into a couple of spots where you have to CATCH someone, but they are few and far between, and you usually have a good chunk of distance to catch up to the person. I haven't completed the game yet, but I've played a LOT of sailing/sidequests, etc. (still actively playing it, in fact) and usually by now I'd have seen the mission types you're referring to. The one mission I've seen that you might have some issues with involves catching a guy who is SUPER fast, but you can catch up to him by taking shortcuts across the rooftops - it basically entails that you'll fail once or twice until you get used to the path that he takes through the streets and can plan your route accordingly.

And FWIW, I actually quite like the sailing, exploring, harpooning, ship-to-ship combat, etc. I definitely recommend it!