So I threw in the towel....

So I gave up and threw in the towel today on the live tv feature....I love the idea of live tv being connected to my xbox but I feel it still needs an update or two to fix some pretty serious flaws before I give it another shot. Between the screen freezing up to just being all jittery or losing connection all together I feel like it was just a bit too much. Also remembering the issues Xbox 360 had with overheating and causing the red ring to occur it just scares me to leave my Xbox One on all of the time....especially after paying $500+ for it. Like I said, I love the idea but unfortunately I feel like it just isn't quite there yet. Maybe an hdmi splitter would help? This way I could connect my cable box directly to my tv AND my Xbox One and not have to worry so much about overheating and could just use the feature while I'm playing a game or in more of a limited use? I'm not even sure that it is possible to use an hdmi splitter without losing picture/sound quality but perhaps I will give it a try and see. Has anyone else tried to use an hdmi splitter or have anymore info on the idea?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 31 Applies to:

Here is a YouTube.com video of what to do to solve your problem. Watch "Xbox One Cable Box HDMI Splitter" on YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

As far as leaving your Xbox One console on for an extended period of time, sources at Microsoft have said that it was designed to be on for 10 years straight. Source.

Sorry this didn't help.

I also I'm going to throw the towel in on this feature, this feature was not ready for go live IMO. It works somewhat periodically but should have labeled in in BETA and not sold as a feature.  

Here are my unresolved issues..

1. Output resolution of cable box switches and causes picture freezing in Live TV. CableBox incorrectly wants to default to 480p while connected to xbox, no issues while connected to TV.

2. "Xbox On" only works when voice command used to turn off the system. Remote, Controller, or button disables the voice 'on' command on my machine.

3. Limited or no functionality to control PVR recording through One Guide.

4. Limited support by Harmony in configuring the remote to work nicely with Xbox One's unique setup configuration. As the PVR and XBOX one can not coexist as cable source devices and both are required to control the all features.

5. Setting to slow IR blaster input to PVR seems to get undone causing One Guide not to change channels.

6. Day One disappointment I almost forgot; No HDMI pass-though while the xbox is off (WTF)

I also was interested in xbox because of this feature and it's a dud on day one.

Sorry this didn't help.