So I lol'd at Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

So last year at E3, Future Soldier was presented as a first person shooter.

This year, it's a third person shooter now boasting different features than what was said last year.

The last game (that I possess) that Ubisoft has "reinvisioned" is Splinter Cell 5.

This E3 showing has magnificently shown that Ubisoft did not learn from its past mistakes.

All in all, this next Ghost Recon is going to blow, and I've sorely wasted $60 on Splinter Cell 5 and wasted space on my bookshelf (where I keep my games) for that "promised" Ghost Recon beta.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Tell me it's not tied in with Kinect somehow.

@ foty, yes ghost recon future soldier has features tied in with kinect.

Okay, that gun builder that's tied with the Kinect is [Mod Edited].

"Oh look, you can make like a million weapons with this thing."

Too bad only less than 10 will be viable in the game!

[quote user="ADrunkCanadian"]

@ foty, yes ghost recon future soldier has features tied in with kinect.

[/quote] true; i guees for voice commands.

Future Soldier was presented and demo'd at Ubisofts press conference last year as a Third Person Shooter....It was never shown off as a first person shooter. There hasn't been a real First Person Ghost Recon since....the original? I don't know. I know the original Xbox version of GRAW was in first person, but I don't really count that since the real main version of the game was in Third Person and on the 360.

EDIT: Well I take that back....looks like it was a mix of both. I am glad they are ditching the first person perspective. It looked stupid going in and out of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhq7-wo11h4

I am feelin that new Ghost Recon game. Can't wait to get that game and the Kinect

I really enjoyed Graw 1 and 2 so I'm not too worried about Future Soldier.

And I thought the Kinect implementation on the gun builder was really cool. Kind of gimmicky and limited, but still pretty neat.

can't wait for this one...it will be nice to have a nice third person shooter again...

I guess I assumed you'd be able to switch between the two, hopefully they give that option in both SP and MP this time around, though.

I just posted something similar in another Future Soldier thread.  They way they walked right up to the enemies with active camo on was a bit rediculous. Just walking around and right in front of the enemy just seemed way too cheesy for me. I have purchased EVERY single Ghost Recon game but this is looking like a a rental for me unless something changes by next year.  The AI was VERY unintelligent.  I am sure the co-op will be fun but the use of active camo was just terrible in the E3 vid they showed.