So I got the collector's edition, and some of the packaging has to be destroyed to open it

There are 2 sealed bags which I imagine contain the DLC codes. I would like to use them, but to do so destroys part of the collector's edition.

This is poor design, among a history of poor designs for Halo collector's editions (3's Legendary Edition didn't come with the metal box of the regular collector's edition, Reach's Legendary Edition was covered in tape that also had to be destroyed to open it)

I am willing to prove I have the collector's edition, but I would like codes issued for the DLC in a manner which doesn't damage the collector's edition.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You damaged it by breaking the seal, anyway. Might as well go all the way and rip apart the little baggies, weirdo.

Just open up the plastic bags. Its value took a hit once you opened it up to begin with \(o_o)/

The plastic wrapper isnt part of the collector's edition.

And I'm not really talking about it's $ value

the red envelope is the dlc one, and it's resealable. actually, mine was open when i took it out, but everything worked fine. the silver thing can be left unopened, it's just some mission briefing thing, really nothing to read...paper's nice though.

I know what you mean....

Its not a big deal. Just make the cut nicely with scissors.

The Red Bag has your DLC Codes the Gray bag has the spartan letter.

They urge you to destroy the letter after reading it but I doubt you will be doing that.

Its just a bag to hold the content. Its better then having it loose in the box...right?

The Red Envelope is resealable, but the Silver one is designed to broken open to get to its content, the only way to get to it is to tear it open as designed

It's an annoying poor design, whether it's intended or not.  Mind you, the whole LE was a bit lacklustre.

Lacklustre?

-

With all the ingame items, fanboy items in it? its the most value for money of any LE edition in 2012 imo

I really like my LE, but as the others have said the red back is not sealed it is just pull it open and reseal it, that is where your codes are. I wasn't sure if the silver envelope mission thingy meant anything, I read it all and found myself confused as to what I was reading. could have at least made that interesting. I understand what they were going for, but feel they failed with that part of it.

[quote user="Jaximus Decimus"]

You damaged it by breaking the seal, anyway. Might as well go all the way and rip apart the little baggies, weirdo.

[/quote]

Harsh. But I laughed out loud at this.

-

To be honest. I kind of had the same feeling right before I opened mine. The packages looked nice but had no good way to open at 12:30am and I'm too excited to go grab a knife or scissors.