So How Is It?

I had an Xbox 360 from 2005-mid 2012 and finally sold it for a good price. I just got a 250 GB Console with Black Ops 2 and was wondering what to look forward to? Ive played all other COD games when they were released - but can anyone explain this one. I know people will hate on it but I seem to like every game I ever play so I dont mind lol

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Look forward to lag, lag comp and bad hit detection.  other than that, I think the game is great.  It's probably the first Call of Duty game since WaW and MW1 that I haven't been bored of and quit for a month or two.  I think the first map pack that was just released has been the best map pack ever.  Out of all the maps, I only hate Mirage and even then it's not hate as it's the least favorite.  

I know I'm gonna curse myself but here it goes.  People keep complaining about lag.  I've never had a problem.  It's a fun game if you don't take it to serious.

[quote user="Degenerate Chef"]

People keep complaining about lag.  I've never had a problem.  It's a fun game if you don't take it to serious.

[/quote] I'm with you. I never have problems with any lag reguardless if I am host or not. The only time I have had lag is when it was a server wide problem and affects everyone which doesn't seem to happen much at all.  I've liked all the previous COD titles except for MW3 and like this one too. Only problem is as with any game is the random players you get stuck with at times. They can be useless but like I said that's expected with any game.

I cant say I never have lag, but its not any worse than any other release. Different maybe, but no worse. It really doesnt make a difference if a guy appears out of nowhere and shoots me or if I put a full mag in him before he kills me ..... dead is dead, regardless of what it looked like.  

I think lag in each game has its own appearance, but they all have the same effect. Host adantage /disadvantage has changed. i'd say being host is worse than blops or earlier, but better than mw3 ..... I actually think I'd call it the fairest version.

As far as everything else. Its a good game. Definitely the fastest pace of any I've played, but you get used to it and adapt eventually.

whats to explain? its call of duty. its the same game over and over. the maps are ok. not good not bad just ok!

^^This. Its COD, what do you expect?

I like it and although it can be laggy as hell,for me its still better than MW3 was in that respect.Its a good CoD title.

Best COD since 4, but that isn't saying much.

This is the most fun I've had in Call of Duty since M.W.2. The maps are well put together, lag is on par with the original M.W., and it seems balanced for the most part. Nothing will ever be perfect to everyone in this series, buy I've enjoyed it enough to buy the season pass...and I never buy season passes.

>

Peace, J.R.

Everyone I know in my state of Oregon lags like a mutha trucka. At times its so bad people will appear from around a corner and before I can blink I'm dead. Watch the replay, they rounded the corner, saw me running stopped, smoked a cigarette, aimed, oh wait, reload! Silly me... OK... aim. Then shot me.

when its like that it is unplayable. A well known trick is to stream movies to slow your connection down so you're not super penalized by lag comp. Sure some don't get that, but to deny it exists on those grounds is ridiculous.

other titles, such as MW2 play absolutely brilliantly with no hiccups. Go figure.

apart from that, look forward to tiny swisscheese maps, with no tactical gameplay, and a general sense of clusterf**k as you get killed every 5 seconds by a drop shotting scorpion Evo SMG tryhard [ ;) ] .