So here's a new one.

well helpfully not new to everyone but this has never happened to me before. So i was in my local game-stop just shooting the the breeze with my buddy and I saw Turok on the shelf for like 3 dollars and I remember playing this while I was in Iraq and having a rather good time with it so I decide to buy it. Once I got home and popped it in to my Xbox and it says it was reading the disc and reading and reading and reading then Finally it says play DVD..................................................... say what now lol.  I looked over the disc and there are quite a few scratches on it which I was expecting but why would it say Play DVD instead of game unreadable?? When I try to play it I get this big message that says (in order to play this disc, put in a Xbox 360 console) uh I am pretty sure I did that lol anyway anybody have any ideas on whats going on???

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sounds like a faulty disk drive. It's probably not, but that would happen when my pro models drive kicked the bucket

This used to happen all the time with one of my old consoles I would just open and close the tray again and it would 99% of the time read it correctly. That console never failed or went to repair in the time I owned it so not sure why it happens.

[quote user="BulletsAlwaysWn"]in order to play this disc, put in a Xbox 360 console[/quote]That is the message you see when you put a 360 disc in a regular DVD player. All 360 discs have a 'video' partition.

Essentially the disc is so scratched that it is appearing to the console as a movie and not a game.

[quote user="voteDC"]

[quote user="BulletsAlwaysWn"]in order to play this disc, put in a Xbox 360 console[/quote]That is the message you see when you put a 360 disc in a regular DVD player. All 360 discs have a 'video' partition.

Essentially the disc is so scratched that it is appearing to the console as a movie and not a game.

[/quote]

That would be my guess as to what the problem is as well.

Gamestop supposedly tests all the used games they get before the resell them but I still run into games that don't work once in awhile and I just take them back.

Although sometimes when I do that they argue and say that they test all their games to make sure they work..

it's scratched get it resurfaced, if it is gamestop you can return it for credit or another copy if the have one.

[quote user="BulletsAlwaysWn"]

well helpfully not new to everyone but this has never happened to me before. So i was in my local game-stop just shooting the the breeze with my buddy and I saw Turok on the shelf for like 3 dollars and I remember playing this while I was in Iraq and having a rather good time with it so I decide to buy it. Once I got home and popped it in to my Xbox and it says it was reading the disc and reading and reading and reading then Finally it says play DVD..................................................... say what now lol.  I looked over the disc and there are quite a few scratches on it which I was expecting but why would it say Play DVD instead of game unreadable?? When I try to play it I get this big message that says (in order to play this disc, put in a Xbox 360 console) uh I am pretty sure I did that lol anyway anybody have any ideas on whats going on???

[/quote]I have seen that message quite a few times over the years and a few weeks after seeing the message the Xbox i saw it on died, every time, i think it's a pre-curser to the RRoD, one day you will turn on your Xbox and it won't work.

Hopefully i'm wrong this time, but i have a feeling i am right, you may want to consider trading it in for a newer model before it goes completely...

Thats why you always need check games that were used before buy it . Change it and problem solved but not forget the first rule if you are going to buy used.

The best course of action for any used/borrowed/old 360 disc is to Install to HDD.

If you get through the whole process the game will be fine.

If it doesn't get past a certain percentage, it is too messed up.

This happens to my Xbox 360 often now.

Just have to keep opening/closing the tray 'till it works.

[quote user="WILK0"][quote user="BulletsAlwaysWn"]

[/quote]I have seen that message quite a few times over the years and a few weeks after seeing the message the Xbox i saw it on died, every time, i think it's a pre-curser to the RRoD, one day you will turn on your Xbox and it won't work.

Hopefully i'm wrong this time, but i have a feeling i am right, you may want to consider trading it in for a newer model before it goes completely...

[/quote]

Gee thanks for that response lol. Anyway I don't think that's the problem as it is a Slim and less then a year old. I tried all my other games and they all started up with no problems. When I said the game disc had some scratches on it that may have been a slight understatement as there are a whole lot of scratches and there are what look like burn spots (idk) on the outer edge of the disc so I'm just going to take it back tomorrow and hope they have another copy or put the 3 dollar credit towards AC Black flag.