So did the beta update............

Did it help out any of the issues you guys were facing?  Ive heard about the grenades too powerful, bodark weapons not powerful enough among many other.....so did the update help do you think?  Havn't played the beta.......just eagerly awaiting launch day!!!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Use EMP grenades to counter intel gathering.

[quote user="CamaroGuy96"]

The problem with the ARs isn't accuracy. It's the extended mags. With 60-75 round mags plus low recoil and good accuracy they are dominant. Take the mags away and then you'll have to be a lot more careful with your ammo; no more spray and pray.

-

They did nerf the grenades. The kill radius is only a few feet now, although the fuse is still really short.

-

There is a counter to the sensors. Eventually one of the classes (I think it's recon) unlocks a sensor jammer they can place on the ground that will make a small area immune to sensors. I've only encountered one player so far that's had it unlocked.

-

The weapons on each side were never unbalanced. They are just different and some people were whining about it because they like one better than the other. For instance the ACR has a high rate of fire and little recoil and the AK has a slower rate of fire and more recoil, but the AK is more powerful.

[/quote]

Magazine size definitely makes it worse but the accuracy + damage is so high that magazine size is rarely that relevant.

-

As for the intel countering,  one major counter isn't enough. Especially since it can only be unlocked a bit later, is on only one class, and has to be placed in a stationary location. It may be good for defense but if you need to advance or flank, it won't be effective. I'm not going to sit by a jammer the entire game just to avoid being seen through walls. That's silly.

The problem with the ARs isn't accuracy. It's the extended mags. With 60-75 round mags plus low recoil and good accuracy they are dominant. Take the mags away and then you'll have to be a lot more careful with your ammo; no more spray and pray.

-

They did nerf the grenades. The kill radius is only a few feet now, although the fuse is still really short.

-

There is a counter to the sensors. Eventually one of the classes (I think it's recon) unlocks a sensor jammer they can place on the ground that will make a small area immune to sensors. I've only encountered one player so far that's had it unlocked.

-

The weapons on each side were never unbalanced. They are just different and some people were whining about it because they like one better than the other. For instance the ACR has a high rate of fire and little recoil and the AK has a slower rate of fire and more recoil, but the AK is more powerful.

I forgot about the emp grenades. They are also a counter to the sensor. They disable the enemy's entire hud.

[/quote]

Assuming you know where the enemy is to EMP and they don't already know your exact location. It works, just not well enough to balance out intel.

I forgot about the emp grenades. They are also a counter to the sensor. They disable the enemy's entire hud.

[quote user="Mister Chompski"]

[/quote]

Assuming you know where the enemy is to EMP and they don't already know your exact location. It works, just not well enough to balance out intel.

[/quote]

Don't have to know where they are. As soon as a sensor nade appears, throw an emp nade in the same place. It'll fry the sensor and any enemies or other enemy equipment around.

They buffed SMG's a bit, made assault rifles have a little less accuracy and damage at distance and made some changes to other things here and there. They improved it but they still have a lot to do. I'm not sure they're on the same page with their fans.

-

They didn't nerf the accuracy of the AR's enough, for example, and did really nothing to stop them from killing in 2 body shots at close range. They apparently made sensor grenades last longer to give you more time to NOT have a proper way to counter them. It doesn't make sense. Intel gathering is still too powerful AND overabundant.

-

I've unfortunately lost faith in the game. Keep an eye on the final release and on the forums. It's really iffy in my opinion.