So did OXM do away with discs completely?

I used to have a subscription to them a few years back, when they actually used to include cool content, and gamer pictures on the discs. 
I still would occasionally look and see what they had on the discs at stores but have noticed that here in the past few months at least the completely did away with the discs and still sell the magazine at the same price haha?

Why would anyone still buy them :P 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I had a years subsciption once and still have the discs with the gamerpics for Left 4 dead 2, trails hd, lost planet 2, fallout new vegas and a few others. I never got rid of them because I just simply have never put them on. Haha.

-

I don't regret getting that subscription, but wouldn't do it again.

People still buy magazines even the ones with demos that cost like £5.99?

-

Hell to the no I don't. I'd rather spend it on a FULL GAME.

-

Besides, I can get the demos from the marketplace.

[quote user="Murderstyle75"]

So did they lower the cost of the magazine to reflect the removal of the demos? From what I remember, the magazine was pretty expensive.

[/quote]
They took like a dollar off :P They used to be 9.99 in stores last time I looked they were 8.99 now lol.
Seems like a rip off to me.

I'd rather just have my subscription to Game Informer, its cheaper and has more content. 

Hula Hoops blow. No MSG?!. pfff.

BTW, punch yourself in the balls. That was a terrible joke.

& thanks Moshed

So did they lower the cost of the magazine to reflect the removal of the demos? From what I remember, the magazine was pretty expensive.

[quote user="Mr Greenbuds"]

Does anyone know if the original OXM Magazine disks, back before XBOX360, have any value? Do people other than me collect these things? I recently came across a disk binder that I filled with the first couple years of OXM disks. They have a lot of cool old content. Id assume the holographic disk, #1, would have some collectible value but I'm not too familiar with 'gaming collectibles'  I'm not looking to sell them. I'm just curious if they are worth keeping safe as collectors items or just hanging on to them for the memories.

Thanks,

Mr Greenbuds

[/quote]
Probably, put them up on ebay or something i'm sure someone will buy them since they are no longer being made.

I wish I had the Left 4 Dead OXM pics from back in the day. 

[quote user="Mr Greenbuds"]

Does anyone know if the original OXM Magazine disks, back before XBOX360, have any value?

[/quote]

I'll give you a packet of 'Hula Hoops' for one!

Does anyone know if the original OXM Magazine disks, back before XBOX360, have any value? Do people other than me collect these things? I recently came across a disk binder that I filled with the first couple years of OXM disks. They have a lot of cool old content. Id assume the holographic disk, #1, would have some collectible value but I'm not too familiar with 'gaming collectibles'  I'm not looking to sell them. I'm just curious if they are worth keeping safe as collectors items or just hanging on to them for the memories.

Thanks,

Mr Greenbuds

Only reason I had the mag was because I got a year for $5 and the discs had some decent GamerPics on them. Once they dtopped I decided to just drop it.

OXM actually offered some good stuff in the past but they just give you crap now.