So, any legit SR-50s among us yet?

By legit, I mean not using any cheap boosting Double XP promotion codes that only run in the US

-

Has anyone managed to do it the right way, the correct way of just old fashioned hard work and gaming...I am SR-43, and that has been a real chore since Tuesday

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

haha, hard work? its a video game

using double xp isn't boosting

Yes it is, its getting twice the reward that other gamers in other regions dont have so yes, sorry, it is boosting because its getting something you have not earned, even if you do buy a soft drink or to

-

Yes and hard work is hard work, putting hours into a video game still requires time and effort, this concept might be lost on some

Well.. To be fair, you didn't earn that Locus helmet you were telling me about. lol

Actually I did by pre-ordering with the right retailer, thats how pre-orders work my friend

i consider a game entertainment, which usually doesn't seem like hard work.  i consider hard work mowing, cutting down trees, cleaning my garage... lol.  I dont usually think of sitting in a chair looking at a screen as hard work.  Like, all the hard work i had saturday watching college football... etc.

Boosting is cheating.  You can get banned for boosting on many games.  Something provided by the company who makes the game for people to earn more xp, or sell more Mt. Dew either way, is not boosting.  I earned 20 XP per kill (or whatever it is) by entering in my code, then shooting someone in the face.  If thats not the case, then they need to crack down on all the boosting and cheating people did to get armor sets/BR camo early.  They entered a code just the same as I did for my double xp, they didn't earn the armor.  They are boosters.

On the other hand... it does suck that you guys don't have the double XP.  why would they do it here, and not everywhere?  

Boosting is a term about countering a game's design in order to gain an advantage. The XP codes are a built in way to gain extra experience points and should not be considered bosting.

Bosting is something that could get you credit banned (much like in reach when people were reseting their challenges). While it is fine if some have the opinion that it is cheap : it is important to note the difference between boosting and not. As one action could get you credit banned.

If you consider earning a helmet the act of preordering a game then it is not so different from earning extra Xp by purchasing a soft drink. 

So pre-ordering to unlock a helmet you would otherwise have to work for is not cheap, but using a promotion that is approved by the makers of the game is. You are a big hypocrite aren't you

Legit players view it as boosting, I have reached SR 43 without using any Codes....dont feel the need to "speed" up ranking just because of a promotional offer, even if it were to be available here in the UK. That is why I was asking if there are any legit SR-50s yet here among us, that have not boosted their XP using a cheap double XP promotion

[quote user="FAT N1NJA PANDA"]

So pre-ordering to unlock a helmet you would otherwise have to work for is not cheap, but using a promotion that is approved by the makers of the game is. You are a big hypocrite aren't you

[/quote]

interesting reverse of logic except for the fact that a helmet does not change gameplay or give an advantage over others, unlike speeding up the levelling up system which awards weapons abilities and load outs. The Locus Helmet is cosmetic only

I don't believe

legit' players view it as boosting. I have had the Xbox since release and played every Halo. Not sure what makes someone Legit but was decent enough to win a Halo 2 launch tournament as well at my local Gamestop back in the day.

This game model has been around for sometime. Pay for Xp bost that is. Most of the time the option is built into the game (Much like the new Tribes). However this is a different approach to advertise a product at the sametime.

It is important to note that Rank and XP does not equal skill. You could rank up to 50 with no kills at all and just die each and every multiplayer. Therefore a players rank should not even qualify as something to measure a players skill, how legit they are, ect.

A rank is only there to unlock perks and gear. Much like your preorder did that you paid for. Everyone will get to 50 at some point and the gameplay advantages are not enough to throw off balance to one extreme or another

In the end it is built into the game and cannot be considered boosting. It is legal and encouraged.