So after owning all 3 Gears games. SPOILER

This is obviously my favorite as far as the campaign.  Awesome job on that!  The part with Dom dying was ****, but still a pretty good story.  I'm at the part where you fight Myrrah with the Hammer, I'm assuming is towards the end.  Going to beat her when I get home today so, I haven't seen the end, but over all it's a great campaign. 

As for the multiplayer, they will NEVER top Gears 1.  That was obvious, however, this multi is LEAGUES above the Gears 2 and that laggy ***.  So, over all I'm happy with that so far. 

We also played 50 Horde rounds and that was cool.  Played it on Gridlock and the Brumak can't even get out of spawn which makes it easier to beat the smaller bad dudes by holding down the far side hammerburst tower.  I really like the barriers you can buy,  I hated having the shield as the only way to block the bad dudes in Gears 2.

I do have a question.  I played 4 acts on co-op with 3 of my buds.  It didn't save after all of that play and I had to start where I left off has the Marcus (act 2).  So, whats the point of playing on anyone elses campaign?  Is their achievements for playing with the other characters? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

As far as campaigns go, Gears3 definitely had the best. I never played Gears1 while it was in its prime so I can't really compare the 3rd to it but the 3rd is by far better than the 2nd. No one glitching out of the map, no BS lag kills. Everything just feels so smooth while playing Gears3. Also, Horde 2.0 is great.

Yeah, that was my main concern with even wanting to get this game.  Gears 2 multi was horrid!!  Completely ruined Gears for me when 2 came out.  3 is MUCH better and the Beta was the only reason I bought it.  I have yet to notice any lag and the Gnasher is stronger which off sets all the dorks that lancer from across the map, or just walk backwards from 15 feet giving you no chance (gears 2) unless you return the lancer fire.  Now you can actually win a fight from 15 feet with a shotty.  Still isn't as good as Gears 1 when everyone had their shot guns out ready for some up close action.  

The thing I hate about Gears 3 is all the kids with the lancer.  I NEVER use it, because let's face it, if I wanted to lancer dudes over and over I would just play the campaign.  I hope this game get's back into the great shotgun action.  Nothing more fun than 4v4 close quarter shotty fights, but that's just the Gears 1 coming out in me.  

Horde was fun as can be!  Beast mode is next.  Over all a WIN FOR EPIC!

Can someone tell me what this "season pass" thing is I see on here?  Thanks

I would have to disagree on the campaign. I thought the end was very anti-climactic. It just sort of leaves you thinking "Well, now what?". Overall, I think the campaign was rather boring. There are no parts of it where I want to go back and play again. That said, there are a few good things about the story I like. First, when Dom crashes into the gas pipeline, I was heartbroken. No argument about it. Second, I think that Griffin guy is a total jerk, and Epic did a good job of keeping his persona the same, even when he loses everything.

The multiplayer is way better. That's all I really have to say about that.

I prefer GoW 1 campaign. I liked the dark gritty feel and some of the more disturbing scenes.

*Spoilers*

Dom dying was awesome as I don't have to listen to him cry anymore.

Griffin was awesome as he put the self righteous Cogs in their place.

The ending was anticlimatic as Epic left way too many holes in the story and killed of the Queen in a horrible way.

[quote user="IK I IL L IE IR"]

Can someone tell me what this "season pass" thing is I see on here?  Thanks

[/quote]

Gears of War 3: Season Pass

Product Details:

The Gears of War 3 Season Pass entitles you to the first four installments of downloadable content that will roll out over the course of the next year, with the first releasing November 2011. Adding hours of campaign and multiplayer mayhem, these game add-ons will be must-haves for any "Gears" fan, and the "Gears of War 3" Season Pass is your ticket to getting them at a discount the day they release. Available September 20, 2011 for 2400 Microsoft points on Xbox LIVE Marketplace, the season pass represents a 33 percent savings versus purchasing the add-ons individually, and also includes an exclusive Liquid Metal Weapon Set.

Features:
  • Get four game add-ons for one low price -- a 33% savings.
  • New campaign and multiplayer content plus additional Achievements.
  • The Liquid Metal Weapon Set includes exclusive multiplayer skins for the Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst, Gnasher Shotgun, and Sawed-off Shotgun.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/gears-of-war-3-season-pass/92967

Sorry to tell you but the Lancers etc are here to stay Gears was never meant to be a shotgun game even though it ended up that way.

[quote user="Lord Dirt"]

I prefer GoW 1 campaign. I liked the dark gritty feel and some of the more disturbing scenes.

*Spoilers*

Dom dying was awesome as I don't have to listen to him cry anymore.

Griffin was awesome as he put the self righteous Cogs in their place.

The ending was anticlimatic as Epic left way too many holes in the story and killed of the Queen in a horrible way.

[/quote]Sounds sick, but I was hoping Marcus would have either chainsawed her in half or stabbed her in the head or stabbed her multiple times for all the people she was responsible for killing that Marcus cared about: Tai, Maria (Maybe. Not sure.), Dom, his father.

I just found it funny how everyone in the Gears universe takes millions of bullets to kill, can fall from any height and land on any surface, get crushed under rocks and other objects, have explosions go off right next to them and live but they kill the Queen with a knife? Really? They are going to have the Queen just walk up to the Cogs like nothing is going on and then get stabbed? BIG let down!

Gears 1:

-Great campaign and story to start us off

-Below average multiplayer (Host quits, numerous glitches, weapons issues,...it goes on)

Gears 2:

-Better Campaign

-Multiplayer is even worse (glitches galore, shotties issue, rag-doll abuse from smokes, and tons of lag abuse)

-Horde mode introduction was awesome

Gears 3:

-Even better campaign (notice the trend here, :P)

-Multiplayer is FINALLY playable and mostly balanced

-Horde 2.0 is my most favorite feature apart from the TDM dedicated server bit

-Beast mode is also ok, but hard to find people in matchmaking.

As you can see, Gears 3 has finally cut out the crap that has been weighing down a good game from becoming a fantastic one.