Sniping- Gamestop style

I wandered down to a Gamestop earlier today (a return for my old lady and to pick up ME2 Arrival dlc on my PS3). I saw a woman leaning on the counter, looking frustrated.

She and her baby were apparently down at Gamestop trying to trade in a stack of her husband's 360 games as high as my waist. She had this look of dismay when I overheard her grand total in store credit offered to her by the gamestop employee.

$26 in GS credit for about twenty games (mostly kinect/old sports titles)...yikes. She was in the phone with her husband letting him know how little he was to get for all his games. The smug gs employee looked on, unamused.

Long story short, among the games she was trading in a GOTY special edition Call of Duty 2. Gamestop sells it for around $20; they offered this customer almost $2 store credit. I offered her $3 cash, and she happily accepted.

I just picked up another 360 exclusive- Call of Duty 2 for pretty cheap and the customer got a 50% higher offer on her trade (in cash). Don't worry too much about gamestop; they still get to flip the rest of her 360 games for an absurd mark up...

In addition to a cheap 360 exclusive, I did also get a funny look from the manager who eventually laughed about me "sniping" his transaction lol...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Moral of the story- hanging around gamestop when someone gets the short end of the stick with trade ins can get you a pretty good deal on new games for yourself!

Sounds normal. Most of those titles, including that Call of Duty, are not worth anything. She was lucky to get $2 for it. It's old and outdated now. Gamestop sells that title NEW for that price because that is the MSRP price for it set my the developer.

She got about what that title was worth. If I were handing out the credit, I would have given her even less for Call of Duty 2.

I once talked a lady out of buying God of War 3 for her 9 year old son at Gamestop. The guy behind the counter, and her son, were pretty pissed about that. I found it mildly amusing.

are they allowed to sell a M rated title for a 9 yr old

[quote user="y3ivan"]

are they allowed to sell a M rated title for a 9 yr old

[/quote]

If their parent is there purchasing it for them.

You should of helped her out a little and let her use your Rewards card....

Swords I personally would not get young kid a M rated game to a kid. Unless the parents don't mind that kind of game. And they geting too old to tell them a dam thing what to play. My nifthu is 12. And I gived him HALO:CEA for xmes. Becoues i figger that his almost 13. And he understand it fake. And his parents don't cear about the rating. So I gived it him. And by luck I got it with the pre-order stuff little afther a month it come out.

If she doesnt like the price, she couldve just tried a different gaming store. No injustice IMO.

Gamestops never offer you a decent amount for trade-ins, unless something special is going on or it's a big name title in the first month or so of it's release. Then again, I did get $26 for Mortal Kombat during December so...

We got $450 for trading in 71 Xbox Original games at EB, which I was perfectly happy with.

We'd also picked up about thirty of these for $1 each at a video store that was clearing stock, 10 for $10 ; )