Sniper rifle mod question

When using mods on your sniper rifle, what do you find to be the best mods?

I primarily use the Indra (lvl 9), Valiant (lvl 1), and BW (lvl 1).

I was thinking extended clip, but not sure if the other should be armor piercing or increased damage.  Thoughts, suggestions?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Citadel Guard"]

[quote user="SCHAFER"]Since the BW is already armor piercing, when you add that mod again, does it do like twice the armor piercing then?[/quote]

i was hoping so, does anybody know if it does give you twice the piercing ?

[/quote]

i have been testing with and without the piercing mod and i do think it is a lot better with the piercing mod, you can shoot through thick walls with a harder punch when it comes out of the other side.

this is how it feels to me anyway.

Under the topic of ammo bonuses, Incindiary ammo is a good replacement for AP ammo if you don't have AP.

Also, if you have Cryo ammo and freeze a target, you can line them up for the killing blow. Also don't forget that cryo ammo will also weaken the armor of targets by 25% at level 1,  35% at level 2 and 50% at level 3. Freeze duration varies from 3-5 seconds depending on level.

Depends on the character class, the weapon, and what you intend to do with the Sniper Rifle. On my Geth Infiltrator, I typically use Armor Piercing because Hunter Mode allows you to see through the walls and there is great opportunity to take the enemy out while they are behind cover. My Turian Sentinel who uses the Raptor as his only weapon usually needs the Ammo Capacity mod because of how quickly that thing chews through thermal clips.

The Black Widow has some degree of Armor Piercing on its own, so unless you're really wanting to shoot through cover, I'd recommend using something else.

i use the piercing and extra damage mods in my BW.

[quote user="SCHAFER"]Since the BW is already armor piercing, when you add that mod again, does it do like twice the armor piercing then?[/quote]

i was hoping so, does anybody know if it does give you twice the piercing ?

Of all the sniper rifles I have, I still use my Widow X with the Extended Barrel V and Piercing Mod II (Still need to upgrade that... accursed RNG system for the store >.<) more than the others. Don't get me wrong, the Black Widow I and Krysae IV are good weapons... I just prefer my Widow X.

^ Note: Obviously thick obstacles cannot be shot through.

Since the BW is already armor piercing, when you add that mod again, does it do like twice the armor piercing then?

The Sniper Rifle Spare Thermal Clip I'm assuming is what they are referring to Pyth the Bull.

Link: masseffect.wikia.com/.../Weapon_Mods

just found this site, it has a list of mass effect 3 weapons and gives good info about who to use them against and what mods are best to add.

hope it's some use to you

masseffect.wikia.com/.../Black_Widow