Sniper Gun Sounds like air escaping-How strange

Does anybody else agree that the sound that the sniper rifle makes is just abit strange?

Sounds like air escaping real fast.

Not what I expected.

I have played a ton of FPS and none of them have had this type of sound when using a sniper weapon.

Whats up with this DICE?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Not sure I know what you're talking about, bro. I always felt like the sound effect in the BF series was second to none.

sounds just like an airbrake releasing.....I got shot once, don't recall the airbrake sound....but maybe that's what a head shot sounds like.....love to have witnessed that conversation "here Stevo, stand in front of that wall while you hold this microphone...nothing bad's gonna happen, would we lie to you?"

You most likely hear the sound of the suppression.

Well now I have to ask... Parallax.... what did it sound like when you got shot?

Or are they trying to mimick the sound of the air escaping from your lungs as a result of getting shot with a sniper rifle. Other than this minor irritant, the sounds are indeed second to none, especialy when I have my Turtle Beach headphones on, then the sounds are amazingly good.

I was leaving a highschool dance(don't ask)....but I honestly don't remember the sound.....more like a lack of any sound but all I really remember is a severe burning/itching....the 'burning' actually felt like it was propelling me...kinda was...and I'm on the ground next to next to a parked car...according to my date and friends I slid over the hood...don't remember that part

[quote user="II PARALLAX II"]

I was leaving a highschool dance(don't ask)....but I honestly don't remember the sound.....more like a lack of any sound but all I really remember is a severe burning/itching....

[/quote]

My buddy was in a hunting accident, shot with a 30 30.  He says the same thing.  He remembers "coming too" hearing faint, muffled moaning/yelling, only to realize it was him once he regained all his hearing back.  He compares it to that shell shock scene in Saving Private Ryan with Hanks's character.

I think the sound of the air is not the rifle, but the bullet. If you listen closely, it sounds to me like you hear the air sound, then get hit, then quickly the sound of the gun, unless you are killed by the shot. I noticed this when they miss and I hear the sound, see dust next to me, then hear the gunshot. I had a ricochet one time fly over me and i could hear the bullet flying through the air. As it passed, I heard a small crack as it broke the sound barrier. This game sounds realistic to me.

The sound you hear..is your head being ventilated...

[quote user="II PARALLAX II"]

I was leaving a highschool dance(don't ask)....but I honestly don't remember the sound.....more like a lack of any sound but all I really remember is a severe burning/itching....the 'burning' actually felt like it was propelling me...kinda was...and I'm on the ground next to next to a parked car...according to my date and friends I slid over the hood...don't remember that part

[/quote]

Just like Boyz In The Hood.

Geez, I thought high school was rough for me.