Sneak attack on a Dragon!

After some 200+ hours of playing Skyrim, I got my first sneak attack on a dragon.  I climbed down some ledges in a mountainous region, and there he was, snoozing away next to a word wall.  Fired an arrow at him for a sneak attack (although it did little more that p*** him off).  Anyone ever stumble across one like this?  First time I'd seen one doing anything other than flying around roasting villagers.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I was able to 2 shot sneak attack a dragon.  He was flying in the sky, went into sneak, drew my bow and zoomed in (have the perk for that) and time slowed (have the perk for that) and nailed him.  He circled back, I redrew my bow, zoomed (time slowed) and I hit him again as the eye was opening.  Two sneak attacks, bot for 3x damage and the second was also a critical (had the perk for that).  I really wish they would display like a point total of the damage you did.  That would be great.

Funny you should ask, I did the same thing last night. I was very tentatively approaching the spot one of the couriers told me about and there was a dragon sleeping below me. At level 17 my puny attack did nothing though I did put on my elven helmet of major archery and used my best arrow (though I don't have many and I knew it would be wasted). He got mad. I killed him anyway and got the first work for either ice or cold, don't remember right now. I have got to get the archery perks. I loved using the bow in Oblivion but am finding it frustrating to get a good shot in Skyrim. I know, practice, practice, practice or as the guards keep telling me, "No lollygagging"

That's messed up....he was sleeping.  Maybe he was sick with bronchitis and needed the rest.  No wonder dragons fly around pissed off all the time.

I got lucky and one-shot killed a dragon (probably a regular but it may have been a blood dragon) that I found sleeping on a word wall. The combo I used was: Glass Bow (Legendary), Dwarven Arrow, custom Fortify Archery Gauntlets and Helmet and Necklace and Ring, Double Bow Damage perk, and max Critical Strike perk. I haven't been able to one-shot kill another dragon yet, but I have done some serious damage with the first arrow. Oh yeah, and I'm level 81. :)

Try Sneaking up on one and getting a One Hit Kill with a Dagger. That's funny. They "pop" into the air and fly around for a second, then come crashing to the ground with no Health. I managed to catch a few of them sleeping and it made really easy work out of them. I almost felt bad afterwards, almost...

x30 backstab lol

30(22+20)= 1260 damage. I'm gonna look up the stats for an ancient dragon right now...Actually that's just taking my daggers and assassin's blade numbers into account, it's probably more than that. Their health is 3071HP.

found this: "Confirmed at level 50 with multiple perks in One-Handed, 100 smithing, enchanting and alchemy, and using smithing potion to upgrade a Daedric dagger, as well as using Shrouded Gauntlets combined with Assassin's Blade, if one could sneak attack an Ancient Dragon it is possible to one-hit kill it."

It is definitely entertaining 1 hit backstabbing a sleeping dragon! God bless x30 with a dagger!

[quote user="IF JESUS PLAYED"]

x30 backstab lol

30(22+20)= 1260 damage. I'm gonna look up the stats for an ancient dragon right now...Actually that's just taking my daggers and assassin's blade numbers into account, it's probably more than that. Their health is 3071HP.

found this: "Confirmed at level 50 with multiple perks in One-Handed, 100 smithing, enchanting and alchemy, and using smithing potion to upgrade a Daedric dagger, as well as using Shrouded Gauntlets combined with Assassin's Blade, if one could sneak attack an Ancient Dragon it is possible to one-hit kill it."

[/quote]

It can actually go much higher. With Enchanting/ Smithing my Base Damage Daedric Dagger (no Armor One Handed Enchantments, just from being "over-smithed") does 139 Base Damage. Add in the X30 from Sneak and it can be well over 3,000+ Damage in any single Attack. If I add any Enchanted Armor boosting One Handed Attacks Enchantments it can be ridiculously high (5,000+ Dam).