Smoke Grenade - Question

I use smoke grenade a lot.  I like to throw it at flags and capture them.  I also use it to pass through open areas etc.  But there is something that bothers me a lot.  A lot of times I will throw a smoke grenade at the flag and go prone in the smoke it creates.  THEN I get shot.  I check kill cam and the person who was close to the flag kills me without problem as he does NOT see any smoke??!!!! It happens a lot.  I will be in the cloud of smoke and get perfectly picked up.  I will check killcam and I will do not see any smoke.

Now, does that happen to anyone? or in the killcam they do not show smoke? I do not remember the last time someone used a smoke grenade on me.  Can anyone confirm they can see enemy smoke etc.

Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have never used smoke nades, but Ive seen what your talking about. People (maybe the user) doesnt see smoke but I do. Do you see the smoke when you deploy it?

I (as the user of smoke grenade) always see it when it deploys.  It is the enemy that does not see it on killcams.

How soon after you throw it are you being shot?

My guess would be that the smoke is not real-time (it shows up on your screen, then lag occurs, then the others see it)... you're throwing it, ducking immediately and being shot before it technically fully deploys on their screen.

1) You throw it.

2) You see it land and expand.

3) You go prone.

The enemy sees you where you were before you threw it.

The enemy aims at you as you pull the smoke out and ready it.

The enemy kills you as it lands and starts to expand.

At the point where they kill you, you can see a fair bit of smoke while they see only very little since it hasn't technically deployed much smoke at all and so it looks to you like you've been killed through the smoke, until you see the killcam and realise they barely saw it at all.

If that's the case, then you want to wait for a few seconds for the smoke to fully expand (AND HAVE BEEN FULLY DEPLOYED FOR A FEW SECONDS) before hiding in it.

________

If that's not the case, then I apologise and hope someone else can help you. You'll know whether what I've suggested is right from what you've seen on the Killcam : )

I think I found the answer.  I read some posts that said that if the smoke is deployed and someone respawns after the smoke they will NOT see any more smoke.  This is also referred as a 'Smoke Glitch' on youtube.

Pretty pathetic.  This gives huge advantage to enemy after they respawn.  You will become a sitting duck.

That's... odd. I don't think that happens all the time, perhaps it only has a chance to occur.

That's definitely not cool though.

When I deploy it I make sure the smoke is up.  I can't see cr*p.  I go prone at the flag.  Sometimes behind something etc but the meter records that I am capturing flag.  Then I get shot.  I check killcam and the person who shot me did not have a tiny bit of smoke but I couldn't see cr*p because of smoke.

Well, it could be just random shots and then, once they hit you once, they know exactly where you are.

They could also have Thermal.

Glitch, luck, pure chance, preparation, there's a lot of variables. I can't just say it's one thing.

So, as a user of smoke, you are also blinded by it? I figured it maybe a Killcam glitch, but after spawning in makes sense too. Is there a perk or anything that helps see through smoke? Besides IR scopes. I also know Ill use hitmarkers to find people hiding in smoke.

Yes, I am also blinded by it.  The person who usually kills me when I am in smoke does not randomly shoot to find where I am (getting hitmarkers).  I saw a lot of times a person pointing on my body with red dot, walking toward me and then shooting me where I can't see crap because of the smoke that I created.

I will still continue to use smoke but it is annoying. 

^^Yup, probably the glitch and maybe IW will try and patch that for ya.