Smartglass use

I've got the smartglass app installed on my tablet and phone, but the companion is nothing but a blank screen with a "home" looking icon at the bottom, nothing more.  I don't see anything about maps, or any other usable items. If I click the menu button I'm able to control my Xbox and launch other apps so I know communication is working.  Is there something I'm missing?  I saw something about enabling smartglass, but I can't find any further details. 

Both devices are android based, Galaxy s4 and Galaxy tab 2.  Downloaded app today so fresh installs.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Im in the same boat and cant seem to find the answer on the entire internet :( Some one please advise!

For reference, I've added it to my iPad as well with the same results so i don't think it's an Android problem per-se.  I at first thought it was related to not having any upgrades to the ZDC app or whatever, but I managed to find one of those, same thing.  

Must be a bug in the game.

same I just did put the app on my android and iphone. same blue ZDC home page :(

From what I gathered you have to get to a certain part of the story before the companion app is available. After that there were some points of the game where it wouldn't show anything for me either. I mostly activated it when I was just roaming around so I can get some side missions.

It says can't find an xbox one console when I try to use smart glass. I've tried everything anyone know how to fix this?

I'm in the same boat. I got past the portion in the story where it talks about the app. All I get on my iPhone is the plain blue screen with a home looking icon.

I thought for certain after I located an upgrade for the app (in game) it would show something, but nothing.

Not cool.  I've seen screenshots of what we possibly should see doing some internet searches, but haven't been able to get anything going myself.

I've collected a ton of those app upgrades in game and still nothing. Guess the app is offline.

It works,but it's glitchy if it's stuck like the op said,restart your whole xbox than go back into dead rising 3 and it should work,but if you close it at any point you risk it doing it again,it also happens sometimes during its use as well,I've done many missions with it but it's glitchy and this is the only get around I've found

Every time I've played I've tried to get it to work but nothing. Collected loads of the app things and all it say's is press the home button to continue......problem is there no home symbol anymore, just the round blue emblem and that does nothing at all.