SLOW DOWNLOADS

Just bought Mass Effect Game on Demand through XBOX Live.  The download is incredibly slow, maybe 1% every few minutes.  I know the download is close to 7 gigs, but I downloaded a 2 gig demo just two days ago in a bout 5-10 minutes. I have a cable internet connection (8.5Mbps) and the xbox is wired directly to the router.  I just watched a netflix movie on the xbox without any problems (as expected the game download paused), so I know the internet connection is fine.

In terms of trouble shooting, I've canceled and restarted the download.  I've also cleared out the memory on my console and cleared the system cache, restarted the console and restarted the download.  Still no improvement. 

Is the slow download related to XBOX Live service disruption?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

I would say that I have experienced slow downloads too this week. I think it’s normal, especially at this time of the years and with all the deals going on. Servers must be a full capacity and they are a lot of people downloading right now. We only have to be patient! It's normal.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello davedawg714,

Sorry to hear about the download speed issues. The troubleshooting you have done is a good start and should help narrow down the problem. If you haven't tried this already, could you please try and restart your router/modem and then re-connect to Xbox LIVE and try again? Also are you or anyone in your household using any other Internet connected devices at the time? If someone is doing something on the Internet at the time (like downloading or transferring files), it will be using up bandwidth and may impact on download speeds over Xbox LIVE.

If none of that works, try this. Could you try connecting your Xbox directly to your cable modem and bypass the router? This is just as a test to narrow down where the problem is occurring.

Please let us know how you go and good luck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.