Slow Download Speeds for Xbox Live

Ok, so I have had connection problems with my current setup before, and now I am having a hard time downloading stuff. I have to babysit the xbox as it is downloading a 500mb expansion pack because it disconnects about every 30 minutes and it has been taking about two hours so far. It just went from 66% complete to 53% complete. I tested my internet speed and as far as I can tell that is not the problem (http://www.speedtest.net/result/3046584904.png). This is a wired connection to the xbox. The modem was just swapped out by the cable company, and the Airport extreme that acts as a router is new too. The airport runs to a Netgear router that splits the signal to each device around the tv, one of those is the xbox. I can't imagine that anything else could be draining the bandwidth, as nobody else in the house is downloading anything. Hopefully you guys can help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

Well two things first doing two routers on the same connection can cause nat issues

because you are spliting the signal so many times

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx

please follow this guide for troubleshooting

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the advice, ngocphi! I read the article you linked and after running a connection test, there were no (!) icons and everything connected fine. The aforementioned issues I had with the xbox were regarding my NAT type being moderate, but this shouldnt be connected as I have resolved that issue. If it helps, I am downloading that free Halo add-on that they offer for gold members.

Sorry this didn't help.

G'day Chips!

Thanks for trying all the suggested steps so far, that's a huge help.

Next let's check out a different guide, for slow connection/frequent disconnection troubleshooting. After the speed test, it has a wealth of other solutions to try. Would you kindly go through that and let us know if it's of any help?

Sorry this didn't help.