Slow down internet = Speed up mw3

I have been tweaking my router to slow my speeds down.  The Lag compensation built into this game is insane. Here is a quick write up of what I did. I'm looking for any ideas to help more as well as to help anyone out there, like me that its paying a premium for internet and getting hosed in this game. I have raised my k/d a fair amount since I changed this. No more 3 bar connections, but rather a 4 bar every time. Good luck I wish there was DSL in my area still, I would switch to something slower in a heartbeat!! PITA this has been

http://newbieofduty.blogspot.com/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

This whole thing is absolutely rediculous. Can't believe anyone would ever think this was a good idea.

It looks to me like you prioritized your XBox 360 network packets -- ie. speeding them up. If you want to slow the packets down, you'll need to add your other network devices to the QoS list and set their priority to high while keeping the 360 IP address at medium or low. Then the XBox 360 network packets would be on the back end (slow).

So cod compensates for not having dedicated servers by making people who have good internet lag, sounds smart and fair.

Am using a 40MB connection with non-interleaving enabled and all my games have no lag and full bars so i dont understand how slowing your connection will result in better games

At the end of the day until they add dedicated servers the game will suffer reviews, if the host connection is bad 100% of the time yours will be bad as well.

[quote user="Original Godly"]

At the end of the day until they add dedicated servers the game will suffer reviews, if the host connection is bad 100% of the time yours will be bad as well.

[/quote]Nothing will change if they use Client Side Hit Detection though. That's the reason for every uncalled for death in Battlefield 3 (IE: Dying around that corner you passed 2 seconds ago or instantly going from 100% hp to 0% hp) which has dedis for example. 

yeah it's really unfair my friend has terrible internet connection & always on a 3 bar connection, and says there is never lag for him.

while i have a 30mb fibre optic connection with QoS on my xbl, i suffer from '1 bullet kills' and getting shot where my body isn't or while in cover (bad hit detection) lag compensation is unfair to players who pay for a decent connection & trying to play to win.

THEY NEED DEDICATED SERVERS. XBL should be the first console to do this since we pay £40 a year just to play online!

Ahhh the same COD discussion every year for every game. Rinse and repeat in another 11 months when the next COD comes out.    lol

true ive learned my lesson,i wont be buying another COD game,well maybe ill buy COD 3 again certainly wont buy a new release again

i personally think that the 360 has achieved the best they can get out of it and it cant get any better graphics wise

so hopefully they have a new console that will be released in the next 3 years,i hope

3 years is a long time, i just hope they dont abandon the ideas of dedicated servers with improved hit detection balancing.. i mean they sure could implement this stuff on the next xbox