Skyrim–What’s New and What We Know.

Found a list of every thing there is so far incase you miss anything. http://theelderscrollsskyrim.com/skyrim-whats-new-and-what-we-know/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

is any of it new or basically the same stuff from the demo video?

The fact that there are 280 perks, and we can only pick 50, has  me a little bummed. Its like in Fallout 3 now. "There are 280 epic talents to choose from! But you only get 50! :D"  I don't want to have to make my character specifically go one/two routes. In my first Oblivion play through, I had a warrior who snuck around and picked locks and used magic. I didn't just have a Warrior, or a Mage, or a Thief. I had all three, in one character. If I have to spread my 50 points out over 3 tiers, I don't think I'll get very much from each tier, and I might not be able to experience everything to its fullest.  I don't want to make 3 different characters just to be able to see what its like to go in-depth in the various tree's. (And it might have to be more then three characters)

I know once I hit the Level cap in Fallout 3, there were still tons more perks I wanted, but couldn't get. I think this limits the game for some people. Why they're doing this, (I'd imagine) is cause they don't want the characters to become over powered, and make everything feel easy and weak. But that should be left up to the players. Maybe I actually *want* every perk so I have a super character that can one shot everything. I should be the one to decide how strong, or weak, I want my character to be.

[quote user="RestrictedGolem"]

The fact that there are 280 perks, and we can only pick 50, has  me a little bummed. Its like in Fallout 3 now. "There are 280 epic talents to choose from! But you only get 50! :D"  I don't want to have to make my character specifically go one/two routes. In my first Oblivion play through, I had a warrior who snuck around and picked locks and used magic. I didn't just have a Warrior, or a Mage, or a Thief. I had all three, in one character. If I have to spread my 50 points out over 3 tiers, I don't think I'll get very much from each tier, and I might not be able to experience everything to its fullest.  I don't want to make 3 different characters just to be able to see what its like to go in-depth in the various tree's. (And it might have to be more then three characters)

I know once I hit the Level cap in Fallout 3, there were still tons more perks I wanted, but couldn't get. I think this limits the game for some people. Why they're doing this, (I'd imagine) is cause they don't want the characters to become over powered, and make everything feel easy and weak. But that should be left up to the players. Maybe I actually *want* every perk so I have a super character that can one shot everything. I should be the one to decide how strong, or weak, I want my character to be.

[/quote]

That's how a RPG is supposed to work though. TES has always been a bit over powering, considering it actually allows you to build up skills unrelated to the way you play. The perks are great, because you're actually rewarded for putting effort into making your character great at something. It's not like you won't be able to make a character that's excellent at everything (all your skills can be trained up to 100 still), it's just your character is going to be better at some things than others, which makes perfect sense.

They repeated everything at least twice, and I knew it all, but it still gets me hyped :)

Nice. Good to have everything in one place.

You can now do a Youtube search and see new game play from the Tokyo Game Show.

Lol, I doubt well see a Cannibal perk like Fallout. That would be a little strange.

If we have 18 skills down from 21 and yet have lost 4 skills, what is the new one? And has alchemy become a perk?

And I know that most people thought athletics & acrobatics were pointles, but I liked them even if I never quite mastered water skipping, skip, skip, splosh!!!(or skip, skip,BURN when lava skipping)

ooh, that could be neat, if there were vampire, and werewolf when they come out, perks. like cannibalism or blood sucker or night vision or some *** like that.

Nice :)