skyrim won't play

my pre order arrived today and when I inserted the game into my xbox it recognizes it as skyrim but when I start the game the screen goes back for a couple of seconds and then says that the disc is unreadable. and I checked if it was the dvdplayer by inserting another game and that one worked just fine. and I cleaned the disc a couple of times and that hasn't changed anything(except for a mirror finish on the disc xD)

is it because the game shouldn't have been released yet?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No, release doesn't have anything to do with that one. Where/who did you buy it from? I know stores that sell pirated copies of games which at best don't play and at worst get you banned from XBL.

I got it from gamedumper.nl the game seemed legit it even came with the special pre order map of skyrim

Haven't heard of that store so I can't say.....could be a defective disc....try returning it or have them replace it.

Looked up the gamedumper website... Looks legit enough.

I just tried installing the game, it seems to work just fine, its on 51% as i type

That is what I was going to suggest. Should work if you install it completely.

that didn't do the trick it still said unreadable >.<

There must be a problem with your disk. Call customer support and ask for a replacement copy.

well that sucks, the first time I pre order a game and now I have to send it back to let them test it and then wait for them to send a new copy. I should have pre-ordered it at a store where I chould just pick it up and then bring it back if it was faulty. instead of this bullcrap of sending it back x.x

What region is your Xbox? Oblivion was Region Protected so Skyrim may also be - that could be your problem. : /