Skyrim unreadable disk problem

So ive been trying to play Skyrim on my new Xbox 360 slim and the game was working for the past 5 days and then one day i started playing the game then stopped after about playing it for 2 hours. Then i came back a little later to play Skyrim the same day and when i put in the disk it wouldnt read it. It would just stay in the disk tray and keep on saying that it was reading the disk. That problem went on for the rest of that day. Then the next day it seemed to work just fine except for the fact that after i played it for about 2 more hours then turned it off the same thing happened and when i tryed to play it a bit later it jus wouldnt read the disk. Then i tryed signing into a profile not connected to xbox live and it worked for that 1 time but now it still jus doesnt read the disk and its bugging me. I also tryed it with a movie disk and it jus kept freezing on me and it said i got an  E64. Plz help i dont know if its my system or jus an update that could be affecting this.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 55 Applies to:

it could be that the xbox is a little dusty, try getting an air compressor and airing it out. that should help a few problems

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

yes i tryed this and and it seems like there is no improvement it lets me play the game occasionally 1 time then when i try later it doesnt work. it jus stays in the disk tray and says "reading"

Sorry this didn't help.

Try cleaning the disk or having it replaced or repaired. Keep your xbox clean from dust aswell. Make sure your disk tray isn't broken aswell, that may require fixing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Try what duke said and i would also clean the disk, if it does not work take it to Game(UK) or Gamestop (US) and they can clean it better for you

Sorry this didn't help.

do you have any external memory device plugged in like a USB or external HD?

Sorry this didn't help.

Error code E64 means your console is in need of repair. From what it sounds like, the disk drive is having a great deal of difficulty and what you're witnessing when it seems to work for a bit is it trying as hard as it can to work. There is only one solution I am aware of to try and fix this yourself but it is not effective for all disk drive issues: remove any disk from the drive then repeatedly open and close the drive using the eject button 5-10 times. I've only witnessed this working twice for one specific problem but it is worth a shot. If this does not work I would suggest contacting Xbox Customer support directly. Hope this helps :)

Sorry this didn't help.