Skyrim The real CoD Killer

Well that just judging by how many people on my friends list are playing that and not MW3. When oblivion came out most of my friends list was still playing CoD2, or GRAW. And while I had noticed that MW3 numbers on my friends list were way lower than previous CoD's. the number of Skyrim players was about 10-1 today.

Although being in party chat with a friend, he did receive a message asking "what is Skyrim?"
I promptly told him to delete that friend.
He agreed he really should, but lucky for that guy didn't. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I don't think a Single player RPG will kill the 'biggest' shooter of the year that sold 9 million.

-

No doubt will Skyrim be up in the Top Ten played, but It won't be kill MW3.

You have to consider it being a newly released game, it's Friday and of course more people will be playing it the first few days.  Everyone has already had a taste of MW3.  

-

This is why I try to play every game, I get the best of all worlds and do not limit myself to what is cool.  

[quote user="SpeedyBlueDude"]

I don't think a Single player RPG will kill the 'biggest' shooter of the year that sold 9 million.

-

[/quote]Maybe it will though. MW3 multiplayer is not even close to being as fun as Black Ops or even MW2. Some of those 9 million people including myself bought it just based on the other games. I think we will see a lot of people going back to their old COD games instead.

No just no

[quote user="Murderstyle75"]

[quote user="SpeedyBlueDude"]

-

[/quote]Maybe it will though. MW3 multiplayer is not even close to being as fun as Black Ops or even MW2. Some of those 9 million people including myself bought it just based on the other games. I think we will see a lot of people going back to their old COD games instead.

[/quote]Yep, because when you think about how these other shooters are labelled as "CodKillers'" but don't live up to that hype, one of the reasons is, for the people who play CoD, it feels similar because it is a Shooter but it is not the experience they are used to, so they return to what they know better.

Skyrim is a totally different type of game, it is completely immersive, for people who just play CoD day in and day out, It's something completely new. Many may not have previous experience with Elder scrolls or Bethesda's style RPG. So they don't have that nagging feeling of it not being quite the same as what they are used to.

Not really....but I agree it's going to be 10000x times better.

As much as most would like Skyrim to be a COD killer, it just won't happen.The sheer volume of sales from COD will eclipse all this year.

I'm working/ helping my friend at his games shop and a few folk have purchased Skyrim but nothing compared to MW3. Even people asking about it, it is far eclipsing the latest from the Elder Scroll's. But maybe this is just in Scotland.

For me personally, I won't buy any of the games. But I wouldn't go as far as calling Skyrim a COD killer.

[quote user="dual skorpionz"]

Not really....but I agree it's going to be 10000x times better.

[/quote]I can agree with this. *gasp*  But would also say it'll be 10000x better than BF3 as well.  :P

MW3 sold 6.5 Million day one in North America and the UK, gaining $400 Million. Skyrim is not a CoD killer.

Looking at my FL, I see more playing MW3.  That might be because Skyrim just came out today and some might not have it yet...like me.  As for MW3, you couldn't give me the game.  Well, if you did, I'd sell it.