Skyrim / Saints Row The Third £49.99 Games on Demand.

Seriously who in their right mind is going to pay these prices.

I remember Halo Reach was £59.99.

MS must think people button up at the back.

You can pick up Skyrim for an average £26 new.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The Games on Demand service is nothing but a convenient ripoff. It's sort of like going to a convenient store and buying a cold 16oz soda for $1.45, instead of going to a grocery store (which normally takes longer) and buying a 2 liter of soda for $1.35... If someone doesn't want to go to the store or doesn't have room for a ton of game cases taking up space, they can purchase the game on the GoD service for a higher price tag, but hey, at least it's convenient.

I would personally never use the GoD service as like I said earlier, it's a ripoff.

Exactly, its just convenient. Instead of driving to the store to pick it up cheaper, they can stream the game instantly for more money. No different than anything else in the world. Price of convenience.

The ONLY game I purchased from the GOD is Crysis 1 because my pc is not powerful enough and you can NOT get it for the 360 on a disk. It can only be purchased  in the GOD. 

Convenient is hardly an excuse. I'm pretty sure atleast 90% of XBL users drive past a mall or some sort of game store atleast once a week. Stop in and pick up a used copy and save yourself some bread.

[quote user="muckypup75"]

Convenient is hardly an excuse. I'm pretty sure atleast 90% of XBL users drive past a mall or some sort of game store atleast once a week. Stop in and pick up a used copy and save yourself some bread.

[/quote]

What?!!   True elite gamers do not leave their parents basement.   Money is magically delivered to them from their parents, they order food, order diapers, do not work, do not go to school,  only game. Driving somewhere to purchase anything is blasphemy!!!  I will give myelf a 1 star for this reply.

Might as well have it up at that price.  I'm sure a fair few people will fork out that much for it.

-

And it's not more convenient as I can't simply pick up the game and take it to family/friends to play.  That's inconvenient.

It's £29.99 on the Playstation network.

I chringed as well when I saw it on Live, disgusting. And this is supposed to be the future?

Ya the prices are bad but they set it that high because believe it or not they sell a lot of copies haha

so whats the point of digital download if it's the same or more than a disc??????

[quote user="NYJets1968"]

so whats the point of digital download if it's the same or more than a disc??????

[/quote]

This has already been explained several times in this thread.

Those are the official prices. Just because retail stores are offering them on sale for cheaper, doesn't mean the price is wrong. Skyrim and Saints Row are still normal.