Skyrim on games on demand?

Thanks to Microsoft and their new disc format it's almost made buying games for me a Nightmare. I really want to buy Skyrim but I'm worried

if I do I will get an unreadable disc message  like other games I bought. I'm getting really sick of returning games until I find one that works.

My question is will skyrim  ever make it to games on demand and if so how long do new games take to make it on the market place?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It will come out on game on demand but you will be waiting ages. May as well just buy the disk version.

What is wrong with the new disc format? How is it making your games unplayable? :|

It'll be out on Games on Demand since it's a popular game but it'll probably be 5+ months before it's made available on it

The extra gigabyte on the  new  disc  makes it difficult for certain xboxs to read new games. That really sucks.

Unless all games are being made with the new discs, im not sure...

Then you might be alright as skyrim is only 3.8gb to install

Sounds more like your Xbox is just on its way out. Have never heard of that issue before, even back when the discs were actually being tested.

Microsoft did confirm that the new disc format may make some consoles unable to read games, and they said they would replace your console if this happens to you.

However correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think skyrim uses the new disc format.

[quote user="The Grub Killah"]

Microsoft did confirm that the new disc format may make some consoles unable to read games, and they said they would replace your console if this happens to you.

However correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think skyrim uses the new disc format.

[/quote]

They did say that, but I don't recall any actual disc issues actually popping up. I figured it was just a precautionary measure.

I also believe all new games use it. I'd be shocked if they didn't.

OP call up Microsoft. This is definitely an issue with your Xbox and you should be be able to get it repaired for free.

Not all new games use it, you can tell if it is the new disc format or not by installing it to your hard drive, when you run old disc games from the hard drive its dead quiet straight away but when you run the new format even from install it runs the disc for a few mins and is noisy then it quiets down and reads the hard drive.

I know the new wwe 12 does not use this new format, not sure why although it don't need the extra space any way it don't even use up the normal space.

Microsoft knew which consoles would be affected and they took appropriate action for that. If they did not contact you then it was not the update causing the issues.