Skyrim Not 10 Out of 10

I just finished playing Skyrim. I got the game "for free" when I very recently bought a new XBOX 360S. The disk drive on my old XBOX 360 failed a couple weeks ago. I'm glad I didn't pay $60 for Skyrim. Skyrim's map is amazing. The artistry is truly incredible. The level of detail is impressive. The vastness is something to behold. But I found the game to be quite annoying at times. I completed the game yesterday and I was glad when the end finally came because I was getting bored. People call this an RPG, but I thought it was a tedious shooter as well. I would never recommend paying full price for this game. The following web site gave Skyrim a 10 out of 10 rating:

http://www.gamerankings.com/sites/714-official-xbox-magazine/index.html?sort=4&platform=1029

I think they may have been giving it an "A for effort" because a lot of effort went into it. I always use that web site before I decide to purchase a game. The 10 would have been misleading. You have to keep in mind that I'm a different kind of gamer. I am a TOTAL "Halo Wars" fanatic. I think it's the best game I've ever played. Most people would say my opinion is crazy because of that. I'm just into strategy gaming with the most intelligent AI...other humans. Overall, I thought Skyrim was kinda boring.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, BUT I'll take yours with a grain of salt because you don't finish Skyrim -- the game has no end. No game is for everyone & that's fine, but there's a reason Skyrim won GOTY & is currently ranked #13 on the most played games on XBL 15+ months after release (which is amazing considering it doesn't have MP).

-

The game is doing well where it's supposed to: in the disc trays of its fans.

You know, I think the lack of MP is what bugged me most of all. But overall, I think we need a revolution in the online gaming industry. Great games are very few and very far between.

Contrary to popular belief, not every game needs MP. Bioshock didn't need it. Mass Effect didn't need it. Clearly you're a Halo fan, and that's fine, but it appears to be a large reason why Skyrim isn't for you.

-

Skyrim is a game for people who enjoy creating their own character, playing however they want, doing whatever they want, whenever they want. It's a game for people who enjoy exploration, looting, collecting & freedom.

-

I think you missed you the point of the game if you think it's as much of a shooter as it is an RPG -- there's nothing shooter about it. The game has a main questline, a secondary questline, 5 guild questlines, hundreds of side quests, hundreds of misc. quests -- all of which you can skip or do & do in the order you choose. It's not hard to have a 200+ hour character just from on-disc content.

-

Again, no game is for everyone, but even with all of its bugs & flaws, Skyrim is as close to a 10/10 game as we've had.

I'd just like to add that I think the Halo series is going downhill as well. I wasn't all that impressed with Halo 4 either. Right now, I only have one game that I like and can play with other people...Halo Wars. I think we need that revolution in gaming. I think we need new games that exceed the best of the best and suck everybody in...even the most difficult to please.

Ironically, I'd call that game Skyrim. Bethesda did a fantastic job of towing the impossible line of keeping their already established fan base happy while simultaneously reeling in new fans without prostituting the integrity of the world for mass appeal success. Run on sentence, FTW! I never played an Elder Scrolls game before Skyrim. I bought it the day it launched on a whim & have been playing it ever since.

-

In response to your "gaming revolution" plea, while I somewhat agree, I don't think it'll ever happen -- not while Activision, EA & Capcom sit on top of the mountain; and certainly not with a soul-less, crooked gaming 'media' pulling the strings of the puppet consumers.

Dude, I just looked at your achievements & now I know why you didn't like Skyrim: you never played it. I mean, you technically played it, but you didn't really play it. You said you 'finished' it, but you maxed out at 235G. Not only did you not even reach level 25, you never even selected a standing stone till you were almost done w/ the main quest.

-

I'm not knocking you, I'm just saying.

The OP offers his negative assessment of Skyrim even though he's only just dabbled in the game.  Some old timers around here might suspect that a troll is at large.  

Yeah, but if you don't like a game, you aren't generally going to put a ton of time into it.

[quote user="GaussianFlaw"]

You know, I think the lack of MP is what bugged me most of all. But overall, I think we need a revolution in the online gaming industry. Great games are very few and very far between.

[/quote]

Then get the online Skyrim for the pc.

Bottom line is this guy is a troll or he judged a game before he actually delved into it...