skyrim mages college freezing

Hey guys,

Im having an issue with a mages college quest. I get to glow haven or what ever the place is called trying to find some guy that stole some books for necromancers. once the mission is triggered though, it seems like i cant enter the main fort from any entrance without the system freezing. it just goes to the load waiting screen but no item pops up or little information bit. its just the load bar and the background smoke and after a few seconds the smoke freezes and the xbox stops responding. Does anyone know if this is due to the patch or if the new patch will fix it? Also when does that patch come out? Ive tryed reloading from another save and going there Ive also tried turning off auto saves etc. nothing works. it always freezes. On a side note my armory in winterhold doesnt work at all either. The suit statues do but nothing else. Any help is appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Have you tried clearing cache?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yea I tried that but no dice. I tried clearing it and reloading but it still froze. Then I cleared it again and tried playing without the update but it just tells me the game was made with a later update and i have to reload it to play.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is actually a ongoing issue with Skyrim , a BETA update went out this past tuesday for PC , expect a finalized / finished version of this update / patch to be sent out within the next week or so to all platforms .

Sorry this didn't help.